August 18, 2018, 02:56:34 AM

Author Topic: OTA notes  (Read 5984 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
OTA notes
« on: May 22, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »
Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
Kyle Murphy and Jason Spriggs both practicing #Packers

I've had little doubt that both would be back early from the injuries they had last season, good to see this confirmed.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: OTA notes
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »

Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod

Kevin King and Quentin Rollins out with the DBs for team tackling #Packers

Kentrell Brice and Herb Waters also practicing. I think that’s all of the #Packers DBs who ended last year on IR.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:05:41 AM »

Rob Demovsky

@RobDemovsky
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Tramon Williams are the only non-injured players missing from the Packers OTA on Tuesday.

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:45:39 AM »
Thanks for collecting and sharing these, RT.   Nice to get the favorable injury stuff on the secondary and OL guys.   

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 10:53:03 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
Follow Follow @ByRyanWood
More
Granted, this isn’t a padded practice, but not taking long for #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy Graham to find a rhythm. Rodgers hit Graham over the middle vs. Lenzy Pipkins on one rep, and deep down left sideline behind Jake Ryan on another.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 11:33:21 AM »
Michael Cohen

Verified account

@Michael_Cohen13
 5m5 minutes ago
More
DNP for the #Packers:

Trevor Davis (hamstring)
Davante Adams (hamstring)
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (not injured)
Tramon Williams (not injured)
Clay Matthews (knee)
Nick Perry (ankle)
Lane Taylor (ankle)
Bryan Bulaga (knee)
Emanuel Byrd (hamstring)
Colby Pearson (hamstring)

The more things change, the more things stay the same. Some guys just look at the practice field and they are injured.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 11:36:04 AM »

Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
Replying to @ByRyanWood
No team reps for Kevin Kng today as he recovers from shoulder surgery. Jason Spriggs, Kyle Murphy (and Adam Pankey) rotated at RT in at RT in team reps.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »

Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
Replying to @ByRyanWood
No team reps for Kevin Kng today as he recovers from shoulder surgery. Jason Spriggs, Kyle Murphy (and Adam Pankey) rotated at RT in at RT in team reps.

Well, well, well.................an Adam Pankey sighting!  ;D

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 12:25:58 PM »
Michael Cohen

Verified account

@Michael_Cohen13
 5m5 minutes ago
More
DNP for the #Packers:

Trevor Davis (hamstring)
Davante Adams (hamstring)........I hope this isn't a smoke screen for lingering issues from his concussions.
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (not injured)
Tramon Williams (not injured)
Clay Matthews (knee)........had off season knee scope to clean up some junk. Precautionary.
Nick Perry (ankle).........had a late season ankle issue that maybe they want to be cautious with this as well.
Lane Taylor (ankle)
...........played through an ankle issue for a large chunk of last season, so, also, maybe just a precaution.
Bryan Bulaga (knee)
Emanuel Byrd (hamstring)
Colby Pearson (hamstring)

The more things change, the more things stay the same. Some guys just look at the practice field and they are injured.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 02:27:55 PM »

That's a bit harsh, IMO. These are OTA's, and the Packers are going to be very careful about any perceived "nicks and bumps" because there is no reason to push at this time. If this were the regular season, you can bet every one of those guys would be suited up and ready to play.

On the plus side, thanks for amassing all this stuff in one place for us to consider.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 05:14:55 PM »

That's a bit harsh, IMO. These are OTA's, and the Packers are going to be very careful about any perceived "nicks and bumps" because there is no reason to push at this time. If this were the regular season, you can bet every one of those guys would be suited up and ready to play.

On the plus side, thanks for amassing all this stuff in one place for us to consider.

Agree, but some players have different agenda's.  The undrafted rookie may have a need to "push it" more than the proven vet.  Things can get a little chippy  if/when that happens.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 05:15:04 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 14h14 hours ago
More
#Packers WR coach David Raih adamant Randall Cobb has plenty left to offer: "I just think there's a lot of football left in Randall Cobb. This guy, he's one of the most tenacious people I've been around."

What will be hilarious is watching all the heads exploding allover the dairyland if the Packers sign him to a new contract after the season.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 05:19:51 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 15h15 hours ago
More
#Packers OL coach James Campen says Justin McCray "lived here" over the offseason, constantly working out. Campen sees a lot of potential. "I think you just saw the tip of what Justin will be."

I think that it is safe to say that the Packers are pretty confident in the ability of McCray to fill the starting RG spot for the 2018 season.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 05:21:22 AM »
Zach Kruse

Verified account

@zachkruse2
 15h15 hours ago
More
James Campen sounds really, really confident in Justin McCray.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 06:08:47 AM »
No mention of Amichia, wonder if hurt or not impressive...
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!