April 21, 2018, 05:50:00 PM

Author Topic: Chip Kelly  (Read 375 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Chip Kelly
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:38:05 AM »
Word is that Chip Kelly may go to University of Florida (my alma mater.....) or - UCLA. Cant say I wouldnt mind having him in Gainesville. He could do good things for the program and attract top talent in a talent rich SEC and southeast region.

Only caveat that comes to mind is the fast tempo offense. That wont play in Florida - not on a sustained basis.
Too hot - too humid - exhaustion will set in eventually.

We shall see.   

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Chip Kelly
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »
Word is that Chip Kelly may go to University of Florida (my alma mater.....) or - UCLA. Cant say I wouldnt mind having him in Gainesville. He could do good things for the program and attract top talent in a talent rich SEC and southeast region.

Only caveat that comes to mind is the fast tempo offense. That wont play in Florida - not on a sustained basis.
Too hot - too humid - exhaustion will set in eventually.

We shall see.

Florida is the better job, more players in that area would fit his system.  UCLA is always second fiddle to USC in the LA market, fan base and recruiting.  Probably less pressure at UCLA, and they reportedly are willing to pay him a lot more than the normal UCLA standard.  Im also hearing Kelly has a tie to Nike and Phil Knight from his Oregon days , while UCLA is going  Under Armor, but thats fixable I hear.  Also CA has a 13% tax rate (OUCH), FL has a 0% tax rate.  All that and I have no idea which school he's choosing. I guess hes taking the next few days to decide.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:38:09 PM by The GM »