December 19, 2018, 08:43:05 AM

Author Topic: Pre Combine mock  (Read 709 times)

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
Pre Combine mock
« on: February 26, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »
The draft pool in 2018 draft will be light on OL and heavy at WR. Seems like there are a huge amount of WRs
that are 6' 2'' and 200 or bigger.
So here goes
  14: R1P14
CB JOSH JACKSON          day 1 starter
IOWA
45: R2P13
EDGE ARDEN KEY           would consider trading up a few spots if I was worried he wouldn't fall to 45
LSU
76: R3P12
OT JAMARCO JONES        need a OL that can play this season. Jones can spot start and fill in  this year and is a future replacement for RT
OHIO STATE
114: R4P14
TE MIKE GESICKI           First step to rebuilding the TE corps
PENN STATE
133: R4P33
WR KEKE COUTEE         Can take off the top of a defense and is a reliable return man
TEXAS TECH
150: R5P13
WR D.J. CHARK              With Coutee there will be no top left for the defense.
LSU
172: R5P35
CB HOLTON HILL           Size speed would make a great STer and DB back up. Future starter ability
TEXAS
174: R5P37
EDGE JAVON ROLLAND-JONES           The mosy acomplished pass rusher in college football. If he translate into the NFL along with Key our edge is well addressed
ARKANSAS STATE
186: R6P12
QB MIKE WHITE                  Pure pocket passer, not really MM's type but too good to pass up here.
WESTERN KENTUCKY
207: R6P33
S DOMINICK SANDERS       multi year starter and has a nose for the ball. Should excel at STs
GEORGIA
232: R7P14
DL JUSTIN JONES
NORTH CAROLINA STATE     DL depth
239: R7P21
LB GARRET DOOLEY
WISCONSIN                        Has the size to play edge and we could use some of that Wisky grit

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Pre Combine mock
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 04:26:40 PM »
 8)  Good draft!

Love Jackson at #14. Who would complain ?
Key's off-field stuff scares me a little, but there's no denying his talent.
Gesicki could be a day 1 starter, depending on what they do in FA.
Holton Hill has talent too, but I would need clarified why he was dismissed from the Longhorn team.
Mike White might go a little earlier than 6th rnd, but he'd be a great pick. Under-rated, IMO.
Putting Dooley and Biegel on the field together has my curiosity cooking.

Well done.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 02:45:04 AM »
Nice haul of players but unfortunately several picks look like they should be gone before the point where you took them.

Edge Arden Key might last to 45, but I expect him to go either in round one or at least in the top 10 picks of round 2.
TE Gesicki has the kind of athleticism that means he probably goes before round 4. I would guess second half of round 3, maybe even earlier.
WR Chark will almost certainly go much earlier than round 5. I'd guess 2nd or 3rd
CB Hill has talent but was dismissed from his college. Hard to guess where he goes.
QB White is probably a later 3rd rounder after his performance in the Senior Bowl, I can't see him lasting to round 6. He was a real question mark because he had such poor protection in college, but he has since opened some eyes with his poise and cannon arm.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
 Jackson very well may be the best player available. Hopefully we could find a pass rusher or two later if that's the case.