April 20, 2018, 04:01:56 AM

Author Topic: What if Josh Rosen falls?  (Read 226 times)

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
What if Josh Rosen falls?
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »
With all of the talk about Josh Rosen "falling" in the draft, what do the Packers do if he is available at 14?

Draft him?  The previous GM would probably have thought long and hard on that question.
I think you call the Cardinals and squeeze as much as possible out of them, because, after all, GB needs to pick the successor to AR.

If Rosen is still there, it also means there is one less offensive or defensive playmaker to select.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: What if Josh Rosen falls?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 07:57:38 AM »
Unless Rodgers is physically hobbled by the latest shoulder injury, you don't draft Rosen or any QB until day three. This isn't a Favre situation, since AR has made it clear he wants to play for as long as possible. Would Arizona take the "threat" of the Packers drafting Rosen seriously enough to offer something significant? Because there is always the chance they'd trade up and then choose someone the Packers coveted. So, stay at 14, try to get back into the late first if a player they want is there, or move up in the second for the same reason. Better not to get "too cute" with #14, because its unlikely they'll be drafting that low again for years.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 08:04:15 AM »
With all of the talk about Josh Rosen "falling" in the draft, what do the Packers do if he is available at 14?

Draft him?  The previous GM would probably have thought long and hard on that question.
I think you call the Cardinals and squeeze as much as possible out of them, because, after all, GB needs to pick the successor to AR.

If Rosen is still there, it also means there is one less offensive or defensive playmaker to select.

I think the Packers are going to develop Kizer.  Im not sure if he's Hundley 2.0,  but the Packers clearly like him.  IMO, after the Hundley fiasco, the Browns didnt come looking for Randall, I think the Packers went looking for Kizer.  They reportedly liked him before the draft last year.  I have no idea what he'll develop into, but the Packers clearly like him. Some even had him rated as the top QB last year coming out over DeShaun Watson, Trubisky (spell?) and the others.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:30:49 AM by The GM »

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »
Well there is zero chance of this happening.  If it did #14 would suddenly become a very valuable draft pick.  I'd try to trade the pick and add another 1st rounder.  It would probably be worth more than that.  If no trade partners I'd draft him.  BPA by a wide margin.  Rosen will go top 3

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 10:09:23 AM »
Highly unlikely Rosen falls that far. It's quite possible that 4 QB's go in the first 5 picks and maybe even 5 in the top 12 picks.

I have no way of telling who falls in love with who, but it just wouldn't surprise me.