September 25, 2018, 12:29:22 AM

Author Topic: 2nd round, Who do you take?  (Read 773 times)

Offline Noble Warrior

• Second String
2nd round, Who do you take?
« on: April 08, 2018, 04:30:06 PM »
Terrell Edmunds, S, Virginia Tech.
Will Hernandez, G, UTEP.
Dorance Armstrong Jr., DE, Kansas.
Isaiah Wynn, OT, Georgia.
Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State
Arden Key, DE, LSU
Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: 2nd round, Who do you take?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »
I suppose it depends on who we get in round one. But I think that Hernandez, Oliver, Leonard, Key and Alexander are all in play for the Packers. If they had their choice, I wouldn't be surprised by Key or Alexander here.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 12:03:13 AM »
Round two is the CB round. Alexander or Oliver would be the ones here, though that may need a small trade up.

These days, I don't want Key at (almost) any price, I'm getting pretty convinced that he lacks the desire to work hard at being great. You can coast along and be successful  in college, if you have the athletic talent (and he does). Do that in the NFL and you will be eaten alive. Of course, Key might mature, and work to be what his athletic gifts say he should be, but I'm going with the established pattern of behaviour that says he won't. I liken it to getting all excited over a QB with a cannon arm............until you realise he lacks nerve. Jeff George was much more gifted than Jim McMahon, but which QB would you prefer under center, when its all on the line. With Key it isn't nerve, but desire that seems to be lacking.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:17:33 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline footballdad

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 02:12:17 AM »
Depends on what they do in free agency and who they take in the 1st round.
I'll say Hernandez. Help keep A-Rod upright and get the running game going. As long as A-Rod is on his feet and the running game is a threat, they have a chance to win. Hernandez is plug and play. Little development required. Nasty too.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 07:42:02 AM »
Assuming the question of, 'Who do you take' means if I rep the Packers with the 45th pick overall in the second round. With that assumption in mind my selection would be,

1.) D.J. Moore
2.) Isaiah Oliver
3.) Kolton Miller

These 3 may well be the only 3 on the Packers board with a 1st or 2nd round grade or on their board at all. Their is probably a strong likelihood all 3 of those will be gone by 45 and in that case the answer would be none of the above. But if those are the only choices and all of those are there at 45, my pick would easily be  D.J. Moore.

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:08:14 AM »
Isaiah Oliver. He's one of my favorite DB's in this year's draft.

My dream scenario is: Landry (1), Oliver (2A) and a trade back up into round 2 for Anthony Miller (2B)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 08:23:34 AM »
Isaiah Oliver. He's one of my favorite DB's in this year's draft.

My dream scenario is: Landry (1), Oliver (2A) and a trade back up into round 2 for Anthony Miller (2B)

That would be a very solid first 2 days of the draft.

Offline ramrod

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 08:23:04 AM »
Dj Moore Stat!!

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 08:28:34 AM »
Really don't like this years crop of WR's.  Slim pickin's.  DJ Moore will get overdrafted because the class is so weak.  I'd go TE or CB unless we failed to secure a pass rusher with #1.  I am not sure I'd even draft a WR this year.  Maybe Chark but he'll likely bust out anyway.  Would rather just role with what we have at this point or take a late round flier.  Value at WR just isn't there.
'

Offline Participant

• Rookie
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 10:53:01 AM »
Actually, I would be somewhat surprised if either Oliver or Moore are on the board at their pick in round 2. But if so, Oliver is a tall, fluid DB that has a long reach. I would make him the priority there. I wouldn't be all that shocked if they pick him at #14.

Otherwise...Moore, Alexander, Hernandez or Miller from the list are fun to consider in the second round.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 01:36:30 PM »
Hernandez is being rumored as a late 1st rounder these days.

His stock is rising.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »
I think Jaire Alexander is the best CB in the draft and Moore is the best receiver. 

In order I'd take Alexander, Moore, Oliver, Miller