July 15, 2018, 05:42:51 PM

Author Topic: New and last Mock  (Read 370 times)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
New and last Mock
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:11:57 AM »
I  haven't done this in a few years...but sitting with 12 picks, I thought it would be a good exercise. So with the needs of pass rusher, press CBs, OT, WR, ILBs, and TEs here is what I picked.

Round 1: Davenport (DE/OLB) over Landry and Vea. (Reason of best player fit biggest need)

Round 2: Oliver (CB) over Nwosu and Davis. (Nwosu can be a great OLB and Davis is also a good press corner but Oliver's speed is the difference.)

Round 3: Malik Jefferson(OLB/ILB) over Brandon Parker (OT) (Jefferson has the skills and produced on the field. A bit of a hard head, but makes for a nice chess piece in being able to move him around)

Round 4: Mike Gallup (WR) over St. Brown. (Production over potential)
Round 4B: Nathan Shepherd (DT/DE) (BPA and will/could provide depth if Wilkerson is one year warrior.)

Round 5: Levi Wallace (CB) (Very good CB with speed.)
Round 5B: Dalton Schultz (TE) (Tall TE from Stanford that could be a very solid pro.)
Round 5C: Timon Parris (OT) (Small school prospect Stony Brook, but the kid has size and speed)

Round 6: Carl Granderson (OLB) (Has the skills and got better every year. He may still be growing!)
Round 6B: Joesph Noteboom (OT) (Another size and performance guy who could also play inside)

Round 7: Parry Nickerson (CB) (Maybe fastest guy the Packers draft.)
Round 7B: Brett Toth (OT) (Taking a chance, but other Service Academy players have gone into the NFL.)

My reasoning is that Green Bay needs to improve their roster. This year with 12 picks Gutsey will either move up or do a big roster turnover. I think he wants all of those picks and improve the team. Only one wideout and one TE because better players were available and their current depth.

Roster adds:
Pass rushers/LBs- Davenport/Jefferson/Gunderson
Press Corners-Oliver/Wallace/Nickerson
Dline-Shepherd
Oline-Parris/Noteboom/Toth
WR-Gallup
TE-Schultz
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:13:01 AM by Hands »
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline footballdad

• Rookie
Re: New and last Mock
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 02:38:26 PM »
Really liking your mock. Think the Gallup and Shepard picks are outstanding.