February 20, 2018, 03:22:26 PM

Author Topic: 2018 Draft  (Read 7457 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: 2018 Draft
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »

I think we've got 12 picks next year. Have no clue where they'll all fall but if we stink it up so bad we've earned a seat at the Top Draft Pick table again - I'd just soon stay there and play a few hands.

Thanks Leader., I think you are right The Packers do seem to have 12 picks next year. I remembered the 3 compensatory picks, but forgot there are other picks gained. Can anyone confirm we get an extra 6th and 7th, for deals done (12 picks in all)

The Packers will have the Bills 7th rounder in 2018 for trade of LB Lerentee McCray in training camp a year ago.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:24:28 AM by RT »

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2017, 05:23:28 PM »

I think we've got 12 picks next year. Have no clue where they'll all fall but if we stink it up so bad we've earned a seat at the Top Draft Pick table again - I'd just soon stay there and play a few hands.

Thanks Leader., I think you are right The Packers do seem to have 12 picks next year. I remembered the 3 compensatory picks, but forgot there are other picks gained. Can anyone confirm we get an extra 6th and 7th, for deals done (12 picks in all)

The Packers will have the Bills 7th rounder in 2018 for trade of LB Lerentee McCray in training camp a year ago.

I thought we were getting 4 comp picks? If so, the McCray pick and one for Jayeron Elliott from the Cowboys too?
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »

I thought we were getting 4 comp picks? If so, the McCray pick and one for Jayeron Elliott from the Cowboys too?

Their is no pick for Elliott, they cut him before the conditions were meet.

Offline OnaBadger58

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 02:46:53 PM »
I think OLB, CB, and TE should be the top priorities, but I'd have a really tough time passing up Courtland Sutton. The guy is a monster WR that Rodgers has never had in his career.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 06:49:17 AM »
I think OLB, CB, and TE should be the top priorities, but I'd have a really tough time passing up Courtland Sutton. The guy is a monster WR that Rodgers has never had in his career.

Gotta go BPA especially when picking so high.  If it's a WR totally fine with it.  I would even take a QB if he's the BPA.  Other option is a trade down if the price is right.  But guess this years class is pretty thin at the top or so I have been reading.  Ideally first pick would be a top pass rusher but have to let the draft fall to you.  So whoever is left when we pick gotta take em.  WR is pretty high on our needs list anyway.  This position will have to be addressed either this year or next.  Also usually takes those guys a few years to come on. 

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 08:41:03 AM »

Bingo! Adams looks like he has upside and has to be resigned, but this group is a long ways away from the Jennings/Jordy/Jones/Driver days. From an early look at this draft, it seems CB or TE may not be BPA until later rounds. OLB is a must early, we should be able to draft a difference maker. There are some good recievers in this draft, but Sutton is the one I hope we get also.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »
OLB, OT, CB, or WR. Any could use a first or second round upgrade.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2017, 09:23:10 AM »

If we're in the top 12 picks which is a distinct possibility, I don't believe there is a WR or OT (outside of McGlinchey who I'm not that high) on) worthy of that spot.

There are definitely pass rushers and a CB or two however. My preference, Arden Key, LSU who could be there.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »

If we're in the top 12 picks which is a distinct possibility, I don't believe there is a WR or OT (outside of McGlinchey who I'm not that high) on) worthy of that spot.

There are definitely pass rushers and a CB or two however. My preference, Arden Key, LSU who could be there.

Have Ted take a WR in the second round.  He has a good record going that.   :)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »

I'd love for Arden Key to still be there! But would be shocked if he was.................and would maybe begin to wonder why?
But, yeah, he'd be great at #12 if turned out that way.

But, I have no idea where the Packers will be picking, except that it won't be earlier than #12, and likely won't be later than #20.

My preferences...................in quantity of position:
OLB/OLB/OLB
CB
TE/TE
QB
WR/WR
RB
C
ILB

Packers have 6 OT's on the roster/IR/PS..............I don't think drafting another one will make that great a difference.
Same goes for OG. Total of 6 on roster/IR/PS.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2017, 03:00:44 PM »
Here are some prospects that might be in play with the Packers first pick

DE/OLB Arden Key is probably gone already, but Clelin Ferrell (LSU 6'5", 265), Dorance Armstrong  (Kansas 6'4", 246), Harold Landry (Boston 6'3", 250) look like possibilities. Clelin Ferrell is big, strong and active, with good, not elite speed. Dorance Armstrong has the length and the acceleration, but needs to be more physical, while Harold Landry has explosive acceleration but lacks high quality speed to power conversion.

CB Carlton Davis (Auburn 6'1", 203), Denzel Ward (Ohio St. 5'10", 191) are two top corners. Davis has the prototypical size and plays press man well, but is not a burner, while Ward plays well against bigger guys and has the cornerback fluidity you look for.

WR Calvin Ridley (Alabama 6'1", 188), Courtland Sutton (S.Methodist 6'4", 216), Christian Kirk (Texas A&M 5'11", 200) Speed and good routes, vs great size with enough speed, vs a versatile receiver and returner - take your pick.

All these guys should be worth following in Dec/Jan/Feb, as they go through the various evaluation processes. Some posters probably know a good deal about certain of these players, from their own or favourite colleges.

Probably there will be others who rise up to be considered, especially juniors, but that is for the future.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2017, 05:06:35 AM »

I'd love for Arden Key to still be there! But would be shocked if he was.................and would maybe begin to wonder why?

But, I have no idea where the Packers will be picking, except that it won't be earlier than #12, and likely won't be later than #20.

OLB/OLB/OLB
CB
TE/TE
QB
WR/WR
RB
C
ILB

Packers have 6 OT's on the roster/IR/PS..............I don't think drafting another one will make that great a difference.

Right now there are 18 teams with as many or more wins than us and another 7 teams with 4 wins. I could defintely see us getting in the top 10, even with 1 more win. Two more would put us in the 12-15 range would be my guess.

Based on the way we are playing the only two games where we look to have a chance are Tampa and Cleveland. Both could beat us. I think we finish 6-10. I'm guessing that winds up picking between 7-10.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:11:31 AM by golfman »

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2017, 06:22:45 AM »

OLB/OLB/OLB
CB
TE/TE
QB
WR/WR
RB
C
ILB

Right now there are 18 teams with as many or more wins than us and another 7 teams with 4 wins. I could defintely see us getting in the top 10, even with 1 more win. Two more would put us in the 12-15 range would be my guess.

Based on the way we are playing the only two games where we look to have a chance are Tampa and Cleveland. Both could beat us. I think we finish 6-10. I'm guessing that winds up picking between 7-10.

With the way things are going this season I'd be all for this.  The last time we picked in the top 10 we filled the roster with playmakers and won the SB the following year.   

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2017, 05:27:46 PM »

OLB/OLB/OLB
CB
TE/TE
QB
WR/WR
RB
C
ILB

With the way things are going this season I'd be all for this.  The last time we picked in the top 10 we filled the roster with playmakers and won the SB the following year.

Applying that logic would mean the Packers would win the SB of the 2019 season.

Fittingly, it's (currently) the final year of AR's (current) contract.

confused(

Offline OnaBadger58

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 10:41:04 PM »
Michael Gallup WR Colorado St. is a WR that will probably explode come draft time. Looks like a Corey Davis light imo.