February 19, 2018, 10:00:21 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Bengals v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 11600 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Bengals v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
On to the Bengals! On paper, this seems to be a game the Packes should win easily. At home. They should get several of their injured players back on Sunday.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/9/18/16330878/packers-believe-jordy-nelson-mike-daniels-randall-cobb-avoided-serious-injuries-nfl-2017

There is also the disarry in Cincy, with the extremely slow start to their offense, a new OC, and a wannabe QB (the Red Rifle is more akin to Ralphie's BB gun, IMO). So, why worry? Because this is the NFL, and things can turn on a dime. And besides, the official injury word from MM is "mum's the word":

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/18/mike-mccarthy-not-ready-to-provide-injury-update-on-key-players/

So, what to expect? Depends on who can suit up, who can play at full speed, and who can finish the game. Still, it's the Bengals, and this is the "breather" the Packers need right now. So, the good guys should win going away. But then again, any given Sunday...

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Bengals v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »
Forum will open up on Game Day.

Thanks Ricky.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 05:19:58 AM »

The day has arrived for the walking wounded to run!  :)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 05:30:14 AM »

This one and Thursday are games of survival. Get a win here anyway you can and same for Thursday. Then hopefully, we get guys back to near full strength with no additional damage.

Bengals are down a couple of guys too, but our best two defenders are out. LT out! #1 WR less than 100%. #3 WR out. #3 safety out. #1 CB out. Our one true run stopping ILB, out. Man, that is 5 key contributors on defense.

Looking forward to the debut of Adams on the defensive line and to see what Jones does at safety in Brice's absense.

Rodgers needs to come up big in this one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:01:35 AM by golfman »
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 05:46:29 AM »

This one and Thursday are games of survival. Get a win here anyway you can and same for Thursday. Then hopefully, we get guys back to near full strength with no additional damage.

Bengals are down a couple of guys too, but our best two defenders are out. LT out! #1 WR less than 100%. #3 WR out. #3 safety out. #1 CB out also our one true run stopping LB out. May, that is 5 key contributors on defense.

Looking forward to the debut of Adams on the defensive line and to see what Jones does at safety in Brice's absense.

Rodgers needs to come up big in this one.

One thing in our favor is Cincy's offense has been anemic so far this season.  Let's hope that continues today...

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 06:09:26 AM »
Damn Golf...

You chronicle it that way, my green and gold beer mug's not quite reaching half empty! :)
Check the local settings and the game's being shown in my area. Not sure why exactly, but I wont be raising any complaints to the TV station.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 07:13:20 AM »

Check the local settings and the game's being shown in my area. Not sure why exactly, but I wont be raising any complaints to the TV station.

Probably because they are forcing us to watch the Buccaneers up here.   :(
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 07:23:56 AM »
Damn Golf...

You chronicle it that way, my green and gold beer mug's not quite reaching half empty! :)

I still think we find a way to win today. I think Lowry gets 2 sacks.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline mikebpackfan

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »

I still think we find a way to win today. I think Lowry gets 2 sacks.

Agree with the former, the latter is crazy talk.  Think in general people are far too pessimistic about this game.  The Bungles are a mess, we are at home, I'm starting to think it may be an easy win.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »
I hope we come out swinging on offense. I'm not looking past anyone and Cincy will be hungry for a win.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 09:46:39 AM »
Well for the 2nd game today we get the Chiefs/Chargers...typical when you live in the West.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »
Today's captains will be C Corey Linsley (offense), S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (defense) and LS Brett Goode(special teams).

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »
Expect the announcers to make it out to be a big deal when Cincy scores a TD. Because it'll be their first of the year. What the Packers offense needs to do is get into a rhythm. With Bulaga back, the OL will be 4/5th's intact. Also, expect there to be a bit more unity on the line, with Murphy (?) playing for Bakhtiari, and having taken all the snaps on the first team this week should help this unit gel. Will Rodgers get more time to throw deeper, longer developing routes this week? Will the rookie RB's get more carries to give Montgomery a little rest? Will the unseasonable heat and humidity affect the teams? If the Bengals try to substitute more often, this could open up a lot of "free plays" for AR. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »
Well for the 2nd game today we get the Chiefs/Chargers...typical when you live in the West.

I’m pleasantly surprised to see the game is being aired by the CBS affiliate out of Portland here in the Willamette Valley (western Oregon). Guess I’d better get out and do some yard work before the game starts!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »
  Green Bay Packers
18 WR Randall Cobb
29 S Kentrell Brice
31 CB Davon House
47 LB Jake Ryan
53 LB Nick Perry
69 T David Bakhtiari
76 DT Mike Daniels

Starting lineup changes:
#17 Davante Adams will start at WR in place of Cobb
#68 Kyle Murphy will start at LT in place of Bakhtiari
#55 Ahmad Brooks will start at LB in place of Perry
#91 Quinton Dial will start at DT in place of Daniels
#48 Joe Thomas will start at LB in place of Ryan
#20 Kevin King will start at CB in place of House

The following players have been declared inactive and will not play in Sunday's game between the Green Bay Packers and the Cincinnati Bengals.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:11:32 PM by RT »