February 19, 2018, 10:08:03 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Cowboys Game Day Thread  (Read 9645 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Cowboys Game Day Thread
« on: October 04, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »
Time to keep the Packers dominance of Jerry World going. Hard to believe, but the Packers have never lost in Dallas since ATT&T Stadium stadium was built. After all the times the Cowboys ended Packers playoff runs in the old  Texas Stadium (we were there- what a dump!), this is a refreshing change. There is always the question of who will be playing.  Here is the Wednesday team report:

http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html

What to expect? A tight, hard fought game. The cowboys are going to want revenge for their playoff loss, want to re-establish home dominance, and want to get on the right side of a losing record. The Packers, coming off a ten day lull, will be looking to (a) stop the run, and (b) contain Prescott, so they can force him to stay in the pocket. The Cowboys will be trying to do something similar to the Packers. Best guess? A field goal decides the game late.

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online craig

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Cowboys Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »
That's a lot of "limited".  Hopefully thats SOP for first day back, then they see how they feel after a day, and then can go full soon enough. 

But I wonder if some caution should curtail the enthusiasm that Bulaga/Bakhti/Daniels were back at practice.  Bulaga was limited before Seattle, limited before Cinci, and limited before Chicago.  But was never actually ready to play well or to play a full game come game day.  For all we know that could still be the deal for a bunch of them. 

But, sure hope not! 

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 05:18:11 AM »
Demarcation Day has arrived.  Will the GBPs establish themselves against this top tier NFC foe?

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:13:03 AM »
50/50 IMO.

This is going to be a hard fought game.

Injuries on both teams..............not sure which team is the healthier one right now.

So goes the Packers defense, so goes the chances of a "W".

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 06:55:18 AM »
Winning these types of games points in the direction of having a chance at home field in the playoffs. Losing these types of games points in the direction of battling to the last day to just get into the playoffs.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 07:39:32 AM »
Ian Rapoport:
The Packers RB who has been taking first-team reps this week is Aaron Jones. Ty Montgomery not expected to play.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 07:48:48 AM »
Listening to someone on the NFL Network last night who picked the Packers. In his commentary as to why, he said both Bak and Bulaga were going to play, as is Daniels. Now, teams are known to try and disguise how injured their guys are so maybe Bulaga saying how bad the ankle was is just smoke and mirrors. Maybe Bak and Daniels are closer to 100% than the injury report was leading on.

I'm not sure but 'limited' could mean they were held out of any part of practice. Given that I'm hopeful we get our intended offensive lilne back for the first time this year or did Bulaga play against Seattle?
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 07:49:43 AM »
Ian Rapoport:
The Packers RB who has been taking first-team reps this week is Aaron Jones. Ty Montgomery not expected to play.

All 3 rookie RB's should get a chance to show their wares today. Hope that Mays gets some chances to shine, playing back in his home state of Texas.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:51:28 AM by RT »

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 08:01:41 AM »
Ian Rapoport:

All 3 rookie RB's should get a chance to show their wares today. Hope that Mays gets some chances to shine, playing back in his home state of Texas.

I think Jones has got the IT factor the Packers haven't had at RB since Ahman Greene. Time will tell however and Williams doesn't impress me at all so far.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 08:07:32 AM »
Here is a terrific article about "The Throw, the Catch, and the Field Goal" from last year's playoff game against the Cowboys. Prescott said it all, when he didn't believe the throw or catch were possible. They aren't for a normal QB. For Rodgers? All part of the growing legend.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-aaron-rodgers-drawn-up-in-the-dirt-play-vs/article_abc231e6-e529-55c3-8ec3-36ced1d3f455.html
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 08:16:34 AM »
Jane Slater:
A Cowboys team source tells me LB Sean Lee won't play today. LT Tyron Smith good to go.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 08:22:35 AM »
Here is a terrific article about "The Throw, the Catch, and the Field Goal" from last year's playoff game against the Cowboys. Prescott said it all, when he didn't believe the throw or catch were possible. They aren't for a normal QB. For Rodgers? All part of the growing legend.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-aaron-rodgers-drawn-up-in-the-dirt-play-vs/article_abc231e6-e529-55c3-8ec3-36ced1d3f455.html

A good read. I also hold in HIGH regard the job Crosby did - pounding thru three (3) +50yarders (one a 56ydr) in the waning moments when the game was very much on the line. One kick was taken off the board cause DAL called a TO just before the snap - but he still punched them all through. Talk about making pressure kicks. Those were clutch.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 08:26:42 AM »
Today's captains will be G Lane Taylor (offense), LB Clay Matthews (defense) and S Kentrell Brice (special teams).
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 08:56:30 AM »

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account @RobDemovsky 18m18 minutes ago

Not only was Adams cleared but there's a decent chance both tackles David Bakhtiari and Bryan Bulaga could be given the green light today.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 09:08:02 AM »
BIG game today. We pull this one off - coming out 4+1 - with Vikes, Saints, Lions & Bears up next - we could set ourselves up (and apart) from our competition. RT nailed it in an earlier post - its games like this that can set us up for Playoff games @ Lambeau.