February 19, 2018, 11:40:36 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Cowboys Game Day Thread  (Read 9650 times)

Offline reaper3429

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Cowboys Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 10:15:52 AM »
Im really excited to see our defense against the dallas offense. I think we will score points on offense especially if our tackles are a go. I am also interested in seeing Jones run the ball today if he can provide some burst to the run game it will slow down the pass rush.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »
BIG game today. We pull this one off - coming out 4+1 - with Vikes, Saints, Lions & Bears up next - we could set ourselves up (and apart) from our competition. RT nailed it in an earlier post - its games like this that can set us up for Playoff games @ Lambeau.

“BIG Game,” but still only ONE Game.  As the School of Rock, famously quoting AC/DC stated, “It’s a Long Way to the Top if you wanna play at Lambeau!”  Or something like that...( - ; #

That written, this is a tough assignment for the Packers, because they still have a lot of gimpy players, and dallas is fairly desperate to win. So the Packer defense will have to create some turnovers and make some stops to give the offense a short field. 

The Pack will miss Joe Thomas’ ability to drop into coverage, so somebody will need to step up and fill that role of coverage backer. That guy could be Josh Jones, or Swiss Army player, Morgan Burnett!

On offense I think Aaron Rodgers can, and will, exploit a shaky dallas secondary, and if Green Bay can establish some kind of running game they’ll outscore the girls. A little running attack will also help control star pass rusher Demarcus Lawrence.

AND, I always hope for the special teams to make some plays, and thus far Mason Crosby has been The Automatic Man. But a short field, or better yet, a touchdown return or a blocked kick would help level the field against a stout road trip opponent!

So it’s only ONE game to be sure, but it’s a Great barometer for the Packers to see where they fit in the NFC pecking order. Dallas is a team still trying to find their footing, and Green bay has managed to cobble together a 3-1 record playing with an injury-riddled squad. This should be an entertaining and tightly contested game! But I like the Packers by a score of 30-23.

GO PACKERS!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:30:57 AM by JQ »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »
BIG game today. We pull this one off - coming out 4+1 - with Vikes, Saints, Lions & Bears up next - we could set ourselves up (and apart) from our competition. RT nailed it in an earlier post - its games like this that can set us up for Playoff games @ Lambeau.

Absolutely. But one game at a time.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 11:59:19 AM »
 Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago

#Packers inactives

LT David Bakhtiari
RB Ty Montgomery
CB Lenzy Pipkins
OL Adam Pankey
DT Montravius Adams
OLB Chris Odom
ILB Joe Thomas
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 12:02:16 PM »

#Packers inactives

LT David Bakhtiari
RB Ty Montgomery
CB Lenzy Pipkins
OL Adam Pankey
DT Montravius Adams
OLB Chris Odom
ILB Joe Thomas

That is going to be one tough match up for Lane Taylor. Lawrence, the 'boys DE is on a tear rushing the passer. Glad to have Bulaga back, but don't want him if he's only good for 1/2 of the game.

Who are the Cowboys inactives?
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »

#Packers inactives

LT David Bakhtiari
RB Ty Montgomery
CB Lenzy Pipkins
OL Adam Pankey
DT Montravius Adams
OLB Chris Odom
ILB Joe Thomas

That is going to be one tough match up for Lane Taylor. Lawrence, the 'boys DE is on a tear rushing the passer. Glad to have Bulaga back, but don't want him if he's only good for 1/2 of the game.

Who are the Cowboys inactives?

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 3m3 minutes ago

For the #Cowboys, ILB Sean Lee is inactive. That's a big blow to their defense. But the return of Anthony Hitchens should help Jaylon Smith.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 12:11:09 PM »
Cowboys inactive.

Dallas Cowboys
7 QB Cooper Rush
20 RB Darren McFadden
24 CB Nolan Carroll
35 S Kavon Frazier
50 LB Sean Lee
55 DT Stephen Paea
85 WR Noah Brown

R

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 12:20:58 PM »
Cowboys inactive.

Dallas Cowboys
7 QB Cooper Rush
20 RB Darren McFadden
24 CB Nolan Carroll
35 S Kavon Frazier
50 LB Sean Lee
55 DT Stephen Paea
85 WR Noah Brown

R

Three defensive starters out for Dallas. Green Bay will get a chance to see an old friend in Brian Price in this game too. Doubt we see much of Elliott other than on special teams.

It will be interesting to see how not only Bulaga holds up, but Dallas had three dinged up linemen too in Smith, Collins and Green. I would not be surprised if a few of those 4 do not make it the entire game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:23:29 PM by golfman »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 12:22:16 PM »
Just saw Rodgers State Farm commercial. Excellent- and the music is from the TV show "The Greatest American Hero", which aired from 1981-83. Appropriate, IMO. Because the catch by that dog was fantastic! And growling at CMIII at the end? Definitely makes him a hero in my eyes. Although I think he's an Australian sheep dog- similar to the one used in the second "Mad Max" movie.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 12:28:26 PM »

Absolutely. But one game at a time.

Always - but figure DALs gonna play into playoff seedings - although winner of the NFCEast is up in the air as Phillys playing at a high level now - and with upcoming Division games - we could set ourselves up well.

Gotta play and win the games though.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 12:51:12 PM »

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 1m1 minute ago

Looks like the #Packers will start Justin McCray at LG next to Lane Taylor at LT.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »

Looks like the #Packers will start Justin McCray at LG next to Lane Taylor at LT.

I'm surprised by this move. I thought Patrick did a really nice job last week so why mess with a good thing?

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »

I'm surprised by this move. I thought Patrick did a really nice job last week so why mess with a good thing?

As much as people fight the idea, the Packers are going to play their 5 best OLinemen regardless of position. McCray has alway been ahead of Patrick.

Offline reaper3429

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »
Strange they went with McCray over Patrick perhaps it has to do with the pass protection?

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »
This will invite the pitchforks, but I don't see this game as in the Packers favor.  Don't think our defense has good enough pass-coverage to dominate defensively.  Don't expect the Packers offense will have a very easy time, with the o-line problems.  I think the real short-game call-hike-throw game is considerably easier at home than on the road.  Don't expect Bulaga to play very well, certainly not in the run game on a weak ankle, and probably without great control in the pass game either. 

I'm really curious to see whether Jones can do a good job, and if they use him at all in the passing game.  I'm hopeful that McCray can do a good strong run-blocking push on the left, and that with Taylor's strength at LT that they can run left effectively.  Don't imagine they'll be able to run right with Bulaga very well. 

Hopeful that *IF* Bulaga can old his own in pass, that perhaps Bennett will have enough time to get 5 yards or more beyond the line of scrimmage and make some useful catches.  Think he's maybe been staying back to help pass-block so much, and he's so very slow, that by the time he's transitioning from blocker-to-receiver, he hasn't had time to get past the line of scrimmage very often.  But maybe if he can get off a little faster, he'll become somewhat useful in the passing game. 

Hope they've got a great game plan, they can make it work, the defense can really control the running game, and the Packers can win decisively somehow. 

A turnover advantage would surely help, too!