February 19, 2018, 10:06:45 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread  (Read 12073 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »
Accuracy is something that definitely is not Hundley's strength. Too many rocket balls.
by Tom Silverstein 4:11 PM

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2017, 01:15:14 PM »
Packer fans are about to find out what it's like not to have a franchise QB with a terrible defense and a defensive coordinator who the game has passed him by. In other words, we're going to experience what the Lions fans go through every year.

I see 4-12.

Go team go eh?  Christ almighty.

golfman is getting increasingly frustrated, and right now is in despair. Earlier, he was relatively optimistic. Now, there are still a lot of games to play. MM will have a week to devise a game plan that is more suited to Hundley's srengths, whatever they are. We're apparently going to see what Hundley can offer for the next ten weeks. After all, the team decided to keep Hundley around when a lot of posters were throwing out high draft picks for him in a trade. Where did that belief in Hundley go? Is he decent or not? Were so many on here so totally wrong about him? We'll apparently have ten more weeks to see what the guy can or can't do in real games. But exactly what kind of OL will he be playing behind?

As far as the defense goes, again they get pressure but not sacks. And, just like last year, the defensive backfield has been decimated. Also, although they seem to be on the field constantly, and have been given short fields to defend several times, they are holding the Vikings to FG's and not TD's. Are they good? Hardly. What is the answer? Hopefully, Capers will retire after this year, and we can all see what a new DC can do. Would that mean a clean sweep in the defensive coaches? Could be. So, any candidates?

Personally, I'm not giving up yet. Just now, Hundley rolled to his left under pressure, found a WR on the sideline and hit him with a frozen rope. Hundley could very well mature under duress, and could well finally sow he is worthy of a high draft pick. Who knows? It's why they play the games!
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2017, 01:15:42 PM »
Lol team is a joke right now.

Team is injured big time right now.

No joke!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Striker

• HOF Member
« Reply #333 on: October 15, 2017, 01:17:03 PM »

No joke!!

I thought teams with 2/5 of their OL starters, a completely unknown secondary, and down one of the best QBs in the game would be just as good as normal!

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #334 on: October 15, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
Hundley basically locks in on one side of the field, partially because he can't count on the protection holding up.
by Tom Silverstein 4:16 PM

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #335 on: October 15, 2017, 01:17:58 PM »
Well that's a fitting end.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline SSGCujo

• HOF Member
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
« Reply #336 on: October 15, 2017, 01:18:36 PM »
The Packers have to fix their O-line.

Offline heikks86

• Starter
« Reply #337 on: October 15, 2017, 01:19:07 PM »
Accuracy is something that definitely is not Hundley's strength. Too many rocket balls.
by Tom Silverstein 4:11 PM

Probably because he has no time to set his feet and throw, he’s been under pressure as soon as he gets the snap the entire game

Offline SSGCujo

• HOF Member
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
« Reply #338 on: October 15, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »
This team is a mess, no tackles, no DBs, and a backup QB. Next week we'll find out how long Rodgers is out.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #339 on: October 15, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »
For those who weren't around for the Packers during the '70's and '80's, you better be ready for some real hard times. On the other hand, the victories and the rare good plays will be that more satisfying.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #340 on: October 15, 2017, 01:22:29 PM »

No joke!!

An injured animal is the most dangerous and unpredictable. Don't give up! Any given Sunday!