February 19, 2018, 10:05:20 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Saints v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 4341 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Saints v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:26:43 AM »
A new, temporary era of Packers football begins Sunday. A new QB, a new, inexperienced Brett, and very low expectations for the team. Which is just what this team needs to pull itself together and do the unexpected.

A win here would be just the thing to shock the league, give the team some much needed confidence to not only the team, but a discouraged fan base. And the thought of a win just before the bye week is just really exciting.

Is it possible? Sure. Likely? Maybe not. But that's why they play the games.

On the other hand, if the Packers lose the next few games in lopsided losses, it will be time to reevaluate the Packers strategy. But until they are obviously not going to compete for a playoff spot, this team needs to put forth their best effort. And I truly believe they will.

GO PACK GO!

Just read this and decided to add it, because it seems like a best case scenario for the rest of the season. Hey, why not? If the Patriots could win ten games after losing Brady, why can't the Packers win nine and make the playoffs? Stranger things have happened, and it all begins at home Sunday.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/green-and-bold-like-it-or-not-its-brett-hundleys-time-242
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:50:37 AM by LMG »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Saints v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:47:35 AM »
Thanks Ricky and as is the norm we will reopen On Game Day.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:03:44 PM »
The Brett Hundley era has officially arrived......

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 09:52:16 PM »
Go Brett!  Go Pack!  Kick some arse boys!
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »

No Leader it has not.  We are still in the Rodger's era.  Hundley is temporary.  To say we are in the Hundley era implies Rodger's isn't going to return and he is our QB of the future.   Era usually is defined by a guy's career.   Way I take it anyway.  A few of the pundits are actually taking the Packers to win.  They believe Hundley is going to throw 3 or 4 touchdowns.  He might but can't turn the ball over.  That is what I am most concerned about. 

Honestly don't know what to expect tomorrow.  Don't know how anyone could bet one way or the other.  Remember what happened last time Aaron went down and it wasn't pretty.  Much better prepared now.  This is Hundley's 3rd year in and he knows the system.  He has some talent and smarts.  Should be an interesting game.  Yes a win would be huge but it's a tall order.  It's going to rain maybe that will play in the Packers favor.  Buluga and Bak look to be back and that should help also.  Give the Pack a 1 in 3 chance of pulling one out.  3 1/2 pt dogs.

Get a win and with the bye coming up some much needed rest.  That's the plan.  Would give some hope to a demoralized fan base for sure.  That includes me!

Go Pack Go!!!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 05:08:29 AM »
Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  1h1 hour ago
More
I'm told #Packers C Corey Linsley, added to injury report Friday after back tightened up, is expected to play vs. #Saints. Good for new QB.

Personally I think that is important that he plays. To have 4 of the 5 starters will go a long ways toward the chances of the Packers being successful today.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 06:36:28 AM »

Brett's teammate/buddy from UCLA (Datone Jones) has lofty expectations for Hundley.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/21/datone-jones-dubs-brett-hundley-a-future-hall-of-famer/

“Brett Hundley is a great quarterback,” Jones said. “He’s a future Hall of Famer. I have no bad things to say about Brett Hundley. He’s a great guy.”

Jones played with Hundley at UCLA, and at Green Bay.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 07:31:56 AM »
I will be curious to see how McCarthy calls the game.

I think back to Aaron Rodgers first start vs the Vikings in 2008.  As I remember, it was a pretty conservative game plan that was executed with great efficiency.

It seems to me that we need that kind of game.  The Saints defense isn't that great, though they have their moments.  If the Packers with Hundley at the helm can establish a run game combined with quicker short to medium range passes, and be efficient with it, they stand the chance of limiting time on the field for the New Orleans offense.

"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline tied2thetracks78

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 07:41:57 AM »
After a week of doom and gloom I think we have a shot. Brett is the least of my concern.  We need the O line to hold up, we need the DBs to step it up. If we can get it done today I think is a fresh start after the bye.

Offline carnival

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 07:47:11 AM »
We have to stop their running game, or else it opens up a whole lot for number nine..... the Saints defense is on fire right now which means we have to run the ball very well or Brett will not stand a chance... zero turnovers and we could hang in there and win.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 08:34:10 AM »
The sense of urgency should give the Packers a big lift today. When their are wins that are unforseen by the general public they usually are by teams that feel like they are backed into a corner. I expect a high level of energy from the Packers today, a big key would be to jump on them early and get the crowd and momentum on their side.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 08:38:32 AM »
Todays inactives.

32 RB Devante Mays
42 S Morgan Burnett
48 LB Joe Thomas
55 LB Ahmad Brooks
65 G Lane Taylor
77 G/T Adam Pankey
90 DT Montravius Adams

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 08:44:35 AM »
Todays inactives.

32 RB Devante Mays
42 S Morgan Burnett
48 LB Joe Thomas
55 LB Ahmad Brooks
65 G Lane Taylor
77 G/T Adam Pankey
90 DT Montravius Adams

I guess there are no surprises here. Glad both tackles are plaing and would expect McCray to play adequately at guard in place of Taylor.

All of our CB's are a go so that is major news for me. This game comes down to our CB's being able to slow Brees down. House, King, Randall and Hawkins need to play well. We have zero chance in a shoot out IMO, so D has to show up and we need to protect the ball. Forcing a few TO's would go a long way too.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »
WR Willie Snead is out for the Saints, he caught over a 140 passes the last 2 years. A little break for the DB's.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
Weather is raining and in the mid-50's. Could that slow the Saints passing game? May also be a few extra TO's today.