February 19, 2018, 11:41:10 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Saints v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Saints v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 08:55:49 AM »
king and House are a go... Lets hope our defense comes to play. This will also be the 7th different offensive line combination we have started this season... There is a lot going on. I just hope we can stay healthy and go into the bye week to get healthy. That said, Go Pack Go!

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 08:58:28 AM »
Weather is raining and in the mid-50's. Could that slow the Saints passing game? May also be a few extra TO's today.

Good point, but with Hundley having little experience, not sure this insn't an advantage to the Saints.

Curious how many points folks think we can put up on them? They have been playing pretty good defense since the first 2 weeks.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 09:21:51 AM »
Weather is raining and in the mid-50's. Could that slow the Saints passing game? May also be a few extra TO's today.

Good point, but with Hundley having little experience, not sure this insn't an advantage to the Saints.

Curious how many points folks think we can put up on them? They have been playing pretty good defense since the first 2 weeks.

Not so sure.................Southern, Dome team, playing in cold rain in northern climate.

I think it equalizes/levels the playing field a bit more.

Temperature/traction/slick ball.

The team that can run the ball the best may have the upper hand today.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »

Not so sure.................Southern, Dome team, playing in cold rain in northern climate.

Agree, but we've not been great in that department as you know. Especially when we are in nickel with 2 d-linemen which the Saints will force a lot of with 3 - WR sets.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 09:58:06 AM »
Agree, but we've not been great in that department as you know. Especially when we are in nickel with 2 d-linemen which the Saints will force a lot of with 3 - WR sets.

Alot of this will depend on who (and for how long....) we've got the personnel - but our Base 3-4 might not be a bad idea.
A). We seem a bit short in the DB department (and I've got my eye on Davon wondering how long or effective he'll be). 
and
B). It puts the bodies on the ball to shut the run down better - and put pressure on Brees w/o blitzing.

I wish Brooks would get his ass back in there. He can collapse the pocket from one side - add Daniels/Clark coming up the middle - Perry from the other side.....with a tad of coverage, Brees could get squeezed in the middle.

We'll have to see.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 10:01:41 AM »
Michael Cohen:
Justin McCray will start at LG today. What a ride for him the last two years. Arena Football League, free agent/unemployed, Packers starter

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 10:03:26 AM »

Alot of this will depend on who (and for how long....) we've got the personnel - but our Base 3-4 might not be a bad idea.
A). We seem a bit short in the DB department (and I've got my eye on Davon wondering how long or effective he'll be). 
and
B). It puts the bodies on the ball to shut the run down better - and put pressure on Brees w/o blitzing.

I wish Brooks would get his ass back in there. He can collapse the pocket from one side - add Daniels/Clark coming up the middle - Perry from the other side.....with a tad of coverage, Brees could get squeezed in the middle.

We'll have to see.

Clay is going to need to whip his guy a few times on the pass rush.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 10:07:23 AM »
I think we've located out starting RB  :)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 10:07:37 AM »
Just hand it to Jones, TD.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 10:08:08 AM »
(13:09) A.Jones right guard for 46 yards, TOUCHDOWN. M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-T.Pepper, Holder-J.Vogel.

GB 7
NOLA 0

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 10:08:27 AM »
Is our running blocking that great, saints defense that bad, or a combination of both?   I didn't like it when TT took 3 RBs in the draft ... glad he did.  Jones is looking fast with good vision. 

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 10:08:32 AM »
Just hand it to Jones, TD.

What a great opening drive.  Awesome blocking and running.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 10:09:15 AM »
Well that is certainly an interesting start to this game

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 10:10:29 AM »
Justin McCray... playing 3 spots in three weeks but he's such a natural fit at guard.  I think he takes over for Evans next year.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 10:11:30 AM »
Packers start in their 4-3 look.
by Tom Silverstein 1:11 PM