February 19, 2018, 10:06:22 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Saints v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Saints v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #315 on: October 22, 2017, 01:06:56 PM »
Time to get healthy, and keep moving forward.

Who needs to get healthy?

Serious question? Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, Montgomery, Burnett, Brooks, House...

5 of those guys played today. 

I'm so freaking sick of the crying.  Injuries aren't the reason this team lost. 

Blame it on Rodgers being out?  Fine.  31 teams around the league find a way to win without Superman tilting the field every week.

Who the hell said that is why we lost? All I said is this is a chance to keep getting healthy, and move on. No excuses on my part. Use other people
s posts for you soap box to complain. Don't put words in my mouth.

Offline IBleedGreenGold

• HOF Member
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »
The interception by Hundley could well be the dagger in this game. Sounds like a totally messed up play, with two receivers close to each other, and simply a poor throw by Hundley. Now, expect NO to try to simply run out the clock. Bye week coming up. If this is the best they can do, it seems more likely than not that Rodgers will be given a few months to heal and rehab. The Packers should get a top 15 draft pick, and Dom Capers should retire so someone else can try some new schemes to try to give the defense some much needed life. This also shows, as if anyone needed to be persuaded, how important #12 is to this team. So when he signs his new contract, please explain how he is somehow overpaid, or how it hurts the team.

I agree with all of this but giving up on Hundley yet. He's going to mkae mistakes, but it's really the first start since college. He missed preseason in his second year and his first start was in a crappy, rainy day. Not ideal for throwing the ball.

Time will tell for him, but too soon to give up on him. I'll say if McCarthy, 'retired' Capers during the bye we might win a fair share of the games.

I honestly do not think MM will ever "retire" Capers. Dom will need to retire on his own or he will be there.

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
I really didn't think that McCarthy let Hundley play all-out. In the first half, after two turnovers, two bad calls, a run wide with Montgomery and a slant to Adams, both on 3rd and one. Hopefully, after the bye McCarthy will open up the offense. Yes, I understand people who want to protect Hundley, but the WRs were not much of the game plan.
totally agree, wouldn't using the te help too! Maybe try using the middle of the field a little bit( not counting the slant)pattern.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #318 on: October 22, 2017, 01:10:49 PM »
Time to get healthy, and keep moving forward.

Who needs to get healthy?

Serious question? Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, Montgomery, Burnett, Brooks, House...

5 of those guys played today. 

I'm so freaking sick of the crying.  Injuries aren't the reason this team lost. 

Blame it on Rodgers being out?  Fine.  31 teams around the league find a way to win without Superman tilting the field every week.

Who the hell said that is why we lost? All I said is this is a chance to keep getting healthy, and move on. No excuses on my part. Use other people
s posts for you soap box to complain. Don't put words in my mouth.

It's been the narrative here forever.  I read that into your post because I read it every week.

My bad.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.