February 20, 2018, 07:08:05 PM

Author Topic: New Slogan  (Read 471 times)

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
New Slogan
« on: October 21, 2017, 12:13:24 AM »
For Chicago Cubs fans----- "There's always last year"

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: New Slogan
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 06:33:26 AM »
For Packers fans, it's "H-E-A-L".

For the Colts, "We'll always have Peyton." Or maybe, "We just need some Luck."
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »

Read an interesting article yesterday which called for INDY to trade Luck. To get him healthy and trade in on what remains of his reputation to fill out their roster holes. An interesting concept...but not the reason for this comment. The position was supported by listing Lucks very middle of the road stat lines....which were attributed generally to organizational malfeasance. A generally accepted true QB talent being undone by the organizations failure to properly fill out the roster.

So - next time GBP fans get an itch to bitch along similar lines - and discount the (what it is?) eight straight playoff appearances - how many Division titles and/or NFCCG appearances and SB wins - think of Andrew Luck. Think of INDY.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »

Read an interesting article yesterday which called for INDY to trade Luck. To get him healthy and trade in on what remains of his reputation to fill out their roster holes. An interesting concept...but not the reason for this comment. The position was supported by listing Lucks very middle of the road stat lines....which were attributed generally to organizational malfeasance. A generally accepted true QB talent being undone by the organizations failure to properly fill out the roster.

So - next time GBP fans get an itch to bitch along similar lines - and discount the (what it is?) eight straight playoff appearances - how many Division titles and/or NFCCG appearances and SB wins - think of Andrew Luck. Think of INDY.

Well put Leader.

INDY is squandering an opportunity as a team, and the talent of a very good QB.

I think TT & Co. see the "bigger picture" better than most.

Even still, surrounding an elite QB with viable talent still does not guarantee a SB title. Too many variables/luck (no pun intended) involved.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 09:21:12 AM »
For Chicago Cubs fans----- "There's always last year"

Maybe so but they won one and the streak is over. They still have a loaded roster and possibly the best GM in history of baseball. Theo will get  them additional pitching and while it may cost them a hitter or two, they have the depth of position talent to afford that.

I think they might unload Schwarber to an AL team for a couple of arms.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 10:44:05 AM »
Bears slogan: "We didn't suck in 1985!"

Falcons: "Watch out for us every few years!" Or maybe "Consistency is for good teams, not us."

Browns: "Who cares?"

Vikings: "We choke when it matters most!" (This could also apply to the Falcons, of course.)
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid