February 20, 2018, 01:18:17 PM

Author Topic: pass rushers  (Read 1634 times)

Offline packdaddy

• All Pro
Re: pass rushers
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »
We should be picking in the middle of the draft, so one of Chubb, Key, Landry, Okoronkwo should be available.  Pick in that order.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 04:14:35 AM »
I like Clelin Ferrell as well. He has the elite size (6'5", 260 lb). He can hold up against power and can use power in his pass rush. He has been dropped into coverage and shown he can manage that. He has good (not elite) speed. The biggest knock on him was he didn't get a ton of sacks this year, but he did get a ton of pressures. I think he is a viable candidate for a first round edge rusher pick, along with Key and Landry (Landry hasn't looked his old self this year, probably he is dinged up).

I am also interested in Dorance Armstrong (Kansas) http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/call-nightengale/2017/sep/2/dorance-armstrong-projected-as-a-first-r/.
Not quite as big as Ferrell, but still listed at 6'3", 246 lb. A definite possibility that he could be an overlooked gem, since Kansas lost every game except their first, this year.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »
I like Clelin Ferrell as well. He has the elite size (6'5", 260 lb). He can hold up against power and can use power in his pass rush. He has been dropped into coverage and shown he can manage that. He has good (not elite) speed. The biggest knock on him was he didn't get a ton of sacks this year, but he did get a ton of pressures. I think he is a viable candidate for a first round edge rusher pick, along with Key and Landry (Landry hasn't looked his old self this year, probably he is dinged up).

I am also interested in Dorance Armstrong (Kansas) http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/call-nightengale/2017/sep/2/dorance-armstrong-projected-as-a-first-r/.
Not quite as big as Ferrell, but still listed at 6'3", 246 lb. A definite possibility that he could be an overlooked gem, since Kansas lost every game except their first, this year.

Ferrell's teammate, Austin Bryant, who is a physical clone (height/weight/speed) of Ferrell has put up nearly identical numbers to Ferrell this season.

So, I guess mentioning his name here makes some sense as well.

Hell of a pair of bookends at Clemson!

Also, Marcel Frazier (Mizzu) in the 2nd round would be a good choice as well.

Frazier is a Sr. this year, while all the others mentioned are underclassmen (Jr's.), and Ferrell is a Soph............so it's no guarantee he comes out this year. If he does, he must be 3 years removed from graduating H.S. otherwise he has to wait another year.