February 19, 2018, 10:06:08 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 2752 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« on: November 08, 2017, 03:49:23 PM »
Let's try to stay positive. And I don't mean "I'm positive the Packers are going to lose every game this season." That accomplishes nothing. No one ever gained anything by quitting. Except not achieving what you wanted to achieve. So, let's hope for the best. Because losing to those detestable Bears would be the worst. What needs to happen? The team needs play better. Which is so simple to type, and difficult to do. Because this team has lost heart. They don't believe. At times, they're going through the motions, but not putting forth every effort on every play. Not to be too crude, but time to nut up or shut it down. Because I really, really, really, REALL
Y
hate the Bears. Really.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline walker16

• All Pro
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »
we have been out played & coached by the saints & lions.

I no longer have high hopes for this team.

So like changing diet & lifestyle.....I start off with small "rocks" for the packers this week.

Defense:  Get pressure,  3rd down stops, QUIT the package subs with players standing and looking confused seconds before the snap of the ball.

Offense:  Can we run jones more than 5 times this week.   MM: pump Hundley full of Mn so he can stand in the pocket for a second longer to
               find the open receiver.  QB rating of 90.
Keep the game close so Larry doesnt have to have to talk Wayne off the ledge.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 04:13:41 PM »
Here's to hoping Hundley can be more effective - prevent the CHI D from packing the box and give AJones / Monty some running lanes.
Last time we played them, we used more 4-3 Base formations and challenged Glennon to execute in the passing game - which didnt happen - and I seem to recall we were getting decent pressure on him. I think Brooks is going to play tomorrow - which I like. Hopefully he can give us some physicality off the edge. I'm figuring Perry is fully healthy with both hands fully functional. CMs healthy and now Biegel might give us some more speed off the edge.

We shall see.....but Hundley's gotta move the chains.

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 07:34:21 PM »
1.  Defense needs many more third down stops - get off the damn field!
2.  Win the time of possession.
3.  Win the turnover battle.
4.  Hundley gets a 90 or higher rating.

Do these things, then our beloved Packers have an excellent chance at winning.
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »
I really fear losing this game.

Because if we do, I think the bottom may fall out as far as morale goes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:41:48 PM by Gregg »

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 07:51:27 PM »

I don’t fear this game.  My worst fear already happened a month ago when AR went out, setting in motion a chain of events that I only hope this franchise can rebound quickly from.  Change is inevitably coming - with it will come a lot of undoing, good and bad.  How long will it take to right the ship?  We can’t afford years - it must be decisive, fast, and smart.
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »

I don’t fear this game.  My worst fear already happened a month ago when AR went out, setting in motion a chain of events that I only hope this franchise can rebound quickly from.  Change is inevitably coming - with it will come a lot of undoing, good and bad.  How long will it take to right the ship?  We can’t afford years - it must be decisive, fast, and smart.

this.all.day.long.

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 09:22:53 PM »
Ummm Lions and Saints are good teams with elite QBs.  I don’t see how Packers win those with an inexperienced Hundley. 

I think they can beat the Bears but this is a must win.  Need to win 4 of the next 6.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 06:11:34 AM »
If the Packers are going to come away with the win today their front 7 will need to win their battle, which they have not done the last two weeks. In the first game this year with the Bears, the DL was able to get to Glennon early and often. The Bears are a very good run blocking OL, but not so much in pass protection. Putting them in passing 3rd downs and getting pressure is one of the main keys to todays game. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 06:12:54 AM »
Today's captains will be T David Bakhtiari (offense), CB Davon House (defense) and K Mason Crosby (special teams).

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 06:48:16 AM »
Ben Fennell:

Dear GB,

Play entirely 2man and Cover 1 today.. Please. Let’s just try it...

Sincerely,
Man on couch

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 07:04:20 AM »
Oddly enough, Rodgers getting hurt may be just what this team and organization needed. A cold slap of water to wake some people up. For years, the team has relied on Rodgers to bail them out, to keep them relevant, to be their sole reason for being considered SB contenders. The defense has been a continuing problem for years. Nothing was done, because the Packers were winning, so we can just draft another player to boost that side of the ball. And when the defense doesn't improve, well, draft another player and hope they develop quickly. Sometimes it works- Clark and Martinez seem to be on track. Sometimes it's inconsistent- Randall has rebounded from a terrible start to become a very good DB. But when there is no pressure on the opposing QB, when blitzes are picked up easily, leading to those horrible third down breakdowns.

Offensively, this is a team with no identity. Hundley looks nervous and twitchy in the pocket. He seems unable so far to go through progressions, seeming to be more worried about the rush than completing a pass. This after over two years of preparation. Looking around the league, there are a few QB's who are successfully leading their teams with less prep time. So, it may be time to admit that there is a reason Hundley slipped as far as he did. That he isn't a very good QB, and has little or no trade value.

So, is all doom and gloom? Should the team just forfeit the rest of their games to keep their players healthy? Give up? NEVER! It's time for MM to show he can lead this team to wins without AR. Time for the defense to take pride in their performances and play for their jobs. Literally. Bring in a new DC who will take a cold, hard look at players, and not think about how good they were, but how effective they are now. Time for a reassessment from top to bottom. Time for a shakeup. Actually past time. But once the king has been shown to have no clothes, it's time for change.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 08:11:31 AM »
Oddly enough, Rodgers getting hurt may be just what this team and organization needed. A cold slap of water to wake some people up. For years, the team has relied on Rodgers to bail them out, to keep them relevant, to be their sole reason for being considered SB contenders. The defense has been a continuing problem for years. Nothing was done, because the Packers were winning, so we can just draft another player to boost that side of the ball. And when the defense doesn't improve, well, draft another player and hope they develop quickly. Sometimes it works- Clark and Martinez seem to be on track. Sometimes it's inconsistent- Randall has rebounded from a terrible start to become a very good DB. But when there is no pressure on the opposing QB, when blitzes are picked up easily, leading to those horrible third down breakdowns.

Offensively, this is a team with no identity. Hundley looks nervous and twitchy in the pocket. He seems unable so far to go through progressions, seeming to be more worried about the rush than completing a pass. This after over two years of preparation. Looking around the league, there are a few QB's who are successfully leading their teams with less prep time. So, it may be time to admit that there is a reason Hundley slipped as far as he did. That he isn't a very good QB, and has little or no trade value.

So, is all doom and gloom? Should the team just forfeit the rest of their games to keep their players healthy? Give up? NEVER! It's time for MM to show he can lead this team to wins without AR. Time for the defense to take pride in their performances and play for their jobs. Literally. Bring in a new DC who will take a cold, hard look at players, and not think about how good they were, but how effective they are now. Time for a reassessment from top to bottom. Time for a shakeup. Actually past time. But once the king has been shown to have no clothes, it's time for change.

GMTA

I too think this all will be a blessing in disguise in the end IF this mess causes McCarthy - even if prodded by TT and Murphy - to make wholesale changes in the defensive coaching ranks perhaps we won't have to depend upon our All World QB to carry the load.  If we can field a decent defense in 2018 and get #12 back then we have a realistic chance to make a deep run in the playoffs and bring the Lombardi trophy back home. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 08:30:45 AM »
Green Bay Packers inactives.

32 RB Devante Mays
42 S Morgan Burnett
44 CB Donatello Brown
75 T Bryan Bulaga
91 DT Quinton Dial
98 LB Chris Odom

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 08:46:04 AM »
Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account
@DickersonESPN
Follow Follow @DickersonESPN
More
Bears inactives: Bryce Callahan, Tom Compton, Sherrick McManis, Roy Robertson-Harris, Mark Sanchez, Dion Sims and Danny Trevathan.

Interesting that Trevathan is a scratch today.