February 19, 2018, 10:07:41 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Ravens v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 3340 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Ravens v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: November 15, 2017, 02:48:04 PM »
Will home field advantage be enough to cook the Ravens goose? Will the Ravens be plucked or soar (or sore)? The Ravens are ranked sixth defensively, but 30th against the run.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-run-defense-notes-20171022-story.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wNfTAe4Ny0

They are ranked third in pass defense, with 13 interceptions. So, another grind it out, move the chains, eat up the clock, make some throws to keep them honest seems to be a formula for success. And of course Hundley and the RB's need good ball security. Can Hundley make another step toward becoming a viable NFL QB? Let's hope so. But so far, it seems like the more experience he has in real time, the more he improves. The OL proved last week they are capable of doing this, and the RB's showed they are capable of breaking tackles and getting YAC (C=Contact). The thing is, the Ravens are a hot/cold team. They could come in and score 40 points, or go for 10 or less. There is no telling. So, stay tuned.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 05:00:54 AM »
2006 was the last time the Green Bay Packers dropped three straight at home. They'll have to take care of business against the Baltimore Ravens this week to avoid matching that rare Lambeau Field slide. This is a critical game for the Brett Hundley-led Packers. A loss moves their chances of making the playoffs down to 8 percent, according to FPI (ESPN’s Football Power Index).

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 05:31:12 AM »
Ravens are not a good matchup for Hundley. He will face a lot of creative blitzing today - I expect them to stack the box and dare Hundley to beat them with his arm. I also expect them to cheat up a bit and sit on the short passing routes. I have this down as a loss, but of course I always have hope they will rise up as a team and find a way to win - fingers crossed.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »
Ravens are not a good matchup for Hundley. He will face a lot of creative blitzing today - I expect them to stack the box and dare Hundley to beat them with his arm. I also expect them to cheat up a bit and sit on the short passing routes. I have this down as a loss, but of course I always have hope they will rise up as a team and find a way to win - fingers crossed.

One good thing for us is Baltimore is one of the worst teams in the league at stopping the run so Williams and Mays might have good days and that will help Hundley if we use play-action.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 08:01:21 AM »
I expect to see the Ravens stack the box and play a lot of man on the outside. Their will be some chances for a big play, but it may be difficult to grind out drives.   

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »
Today's captains will be WR Jordy Nelson (offense), DT Kenny Clark (defense) and LB Kyler Fackrell (special teams).

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
Inactives:

20 CB Kevin King
33 RB Aaron Jones
42 S Morgan Burnett
77 G/T Adam Pankey
88 RB Ty Montgomery
90 DT Montravius Adams
98 LB Chris Odom

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 08:34:26 AM »
Inactives:

20 CB Kevin King
33 RB Aaron Jones
42 S Morgan Burnett
77 G/T Adam Pankey
88 RB Ty Montgomery
90 DT Montravius Adams
98 LB Chris Odom

Starting CBs: Davon and Damarius
This could get interesting...

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 08:37:25 AM »
Rob Demovsky:
With Kevin King (shoulder) inactive, the Packers likely will go with Davon House, Damarious Randall and Josh Hawkins as their top-three corners. Had Morgan Burnett (groin) been active, they might have used a third safety instead of a third cornerback.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »
Inactives:

20 CB Kevin King
33 RB Aaron Jones
42 S Morgan Burnett
77 G/T Adam Pankey
88 RB Ty Montgomery
90 DT Montravius Adams
98 LB Chris Odom

More non-starters in the secondary today, hoping they can limit the usual mental errors on the backend. Flacco could have his best game of the year if they can't get it together.

Disappointing that Adams has done nothing now that he is healthy, showing so little he isn't even active on gameday.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 08:47:56 AM »
We will need to run the ball well, and get a pass rush. Really sucks not having Burnett and King in the back field. I hope MM has some creativity to slow the Ravens pass rush.

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 09:38:46 AM »
Let's go!  If GB wins today I'll be attending the Bucs game for my 3rd lambeau Pilgrimage.

I have faith in this team today but I am a little concerned about Flacco airing it out and letting Woodhead leakout all over the field.

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 09:40:32 AM »
I expect to see the Ravens stack the box and play a lot of man on the outside. Their will be some chances for a big play, but it may be difficult to grind out drives.

If they want to stack the box MM needs to air it out to our WRs.  Adams and Allison can beat their men in jumpball situations.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »
Montravious Adams may be a healthy scratch but we have to remember that he was (for some starnge reason) the last draft pick to get under contract and then he missed, virtually, all of training camp with the broken foot/surgery.

It also may mean that the other four (veteran) DL that are ahead of him (Daniels, Clark, Lowry, and Dial) are more assignment sure/reliable at this juncture of the season.

I look at this as a redshirt year for Adams. He needs more time to earn his stripes. The group that is active is a solid group, and I also think GB will make an attempt to keep Dial after the season is over. He has been a very servicable addition to the DL group.

Offline Striker

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 10:05:11 AM »
I for one saw the Packers going deep to start.