November 17, 2018, 01:40:19 AM

Author Topic: How ‘Bout those Badgers?!  (Read 1526 times)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
How ‘Bout those Badgers?!
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:51:32 PM »
It’s sure been fun watching the Badgers and that salty defense Jim Leonhard has crafted. Not to be forgotten, Paul Chryst has done an amazing job notching up the football program after Blimpo left for the SEC and Anderson jumped ship in his disastrous bid to coach the Oregon State Beavers.

After next Saturday Paul Bunyan’s axe ought to remain in Mad City for another year, and Wisconsin will have a chance to qualify for the four-team tournament if they can beat OSU (?) in the “Big Ten” championship. But regardless, I think this has been an amazing season for Bucky Badger and their home grown coaching staff!   ON WISCONSIN!

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
Re: How ‘Bout those Badgers?!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
Gotta love this team! Love this defense! DILLY, DILLY!

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 07:16:50 AM »
This has been a fun season.   It is always good to be Michigan (but it looked hairy there in the first half).  Perhaps if we beat OSU in the B1G championship game we'll finally get some national respect.   GO BUCKY!

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »
I’m very interested to see how the Badgers fare against a speedy and athletic (on both sides of the ball) Ohio State squad. That written, based on the snippets of games I’ve seen, Wisconsin also appears to have more team speed than they’ve had in the past.

In any case, it should be a fun game tonight!    GO BADGERS!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
Wisconsin is going to have to get past the psychological barrier of "We're playing OHIO STATE". They've had too many good seasons crash and burn against the Buckeyes to not have them feel a bit of butt puckering. But at the same time, this is a team that has been disrespected and dismissed for a large part of the season. So, they should have a chip on their shoulder. Play hard, play with emotion, but don't get overexcited and adrenalin filled, because a letdown is then inevitable. Its a fine line to balance, and this is why the coaches get paid the big bucks. All that typed, there is only one thing to add: GO BADGERS!
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline SSGCujo

• HOF Member
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 09:10:41 PM »
Another loss in the Big Ten Championship game. Three big plays by Ohio St. in the first half. Hornibrook just isn't that good. Wisconsin just can't seem to get over the top. On to the bowl game...again.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 06:49:32 AM »
If we had a competent QB (where have I heard that before around here?) this is a very different game with a different outcome.  For some reason Wisconsin can't attract a decent QQ outside the one season with Wilson after he transferred from another school.   :-\

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:11 AM »
If we had a competent QB (where have I heard that before around here?) this is a very different game with a different outcome.  For some reason Wisconsin can't attract a decent QQ outside the one season with Wilson after he transferred from another school.   :-\

That first INT was a killer.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 04:41:09 PM »
Looks like the Badgers will play Miami in the Orange Bowl. Needless to say, a decided home field advantage for the ‘Canes.

With that written, I think it’s an interesting match-up!

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »
Looks like the Badgers will play Miami in the Orange Bowl. Needless to say, a decided home field advantage for the ‘Canes.

With that written, I think it’s an interesting match-up!

I still think this will be an entertaining game, and I doubt the Badgers will be bothered by Miami’s home field advantage. They play in the Big 10 for crying out loud, and are used to playing in raucous opposing stadiums! I may have to invite myself to a friend’s home to watch, since I don’t have cable.

Miami is a tough opponent with tremendous team speed, to be sure. But Wisconsin had a chance to beat Ohio State, and stifled Michigan with that salty defense. I foresee a similar fate awaiting the ‘Canes this evening against Jim Leonhard’s swarming defenders. And I expect the road-grading and relentless offensive line to wear down the Miami defense, opening larger holes as the game wears on for a fleet of running backs. It’s been a recipe for success all year long.

I like the Badgers by about a touchdown in this one.    GO BADGERS!!!

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 08:56:05 PM »
What a GREAT way to finish season for the Badgers! Coach Chryst and his staff did a Fantastic job this year, and have a squad Loaded with returning players!    ON WISCONSIN!

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 05:43:40 AM »
Their QB played the game of his life last night. If he's that guy going forward, they are stacked for next year. Big 10 should be plenty interesting next year.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline walker16

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 06:38:14 AM »
Great win and kept the big 10    7-0 this bowl season.

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 07:45:44 AM »
Great win by UW! Validates the season. A loss would have lead to alot speculation that we didn't belong! Wrong!  Offence should be pretty formidable next year, losing alot on defense , but the cupboard isn't going to be bare!

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 08:00:39 AM »
Man, what a game!  I was worried there in the first half.  Miami looked so much faster.  But once Jimmy Leonard's D took over and Horibrook started to throw so well it was game over.  The U is a very good team so beating them at their place was quite the accomplishment.  Badgers fans have a lot to look forward too.    cheese)