November 17, 2018, 12:58:43 AM

Author Topic: Terry Glenn  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Terry Glenn
« on: November 20, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »
Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn died Monday following a one-vehicle rollover traffic accident near Dallas that left his fiancée slightly injured, officials said. He was 43.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: Terry Glenn
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:37:54 PM »
I read he played for us in 2002 but I don't remember him...

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:03:14 PM »
I read he played for us in 2002 but I don't remember him...

It's been awhile and as I recall his season was up and down.

Glenn played for Green Bay for one season in 2002 before finishing his career with the Cowboys through 2006.

http://www.tmj4.com/sports/green-bay-packers/former-green-bay-packers-terry-glenn-dies-in-car-crash

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 03:32:59 PM »
What I remember best was one of his coaches, when asked about Glenn and injuries, referred to him as "she". Found it, it was a Miami VP.   thumbsdwn)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-terry-glenn-s080609-story.html

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:40:48 PM »
Good player, kinda flaky, but one of those guys that would kill you if you ignored him. Always a deep threat.  In todays NFL, Id compare him to a younger DeSean Jackson.    Glenn would just kill your defense at the worst possible time.  Kind of a loner type who kept to himself.  Came across as soft, but the guy could ball though.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »
He had better years at Dallas. Who was the WR on the other side? Glenn was the #2 (or 3 maybe) - but who was the #1? I kinda "know" who it is - but I cant put a name to him.......can anybody fill in the name? 

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »
He had better years at Dallas. Who was the WR on the other side? Glenn was the #2 (or 3 maybe) - but who was the #1? I kinda "know" who it is - but I cant put a name to him.......can anybody fill in the name?
Joey Galloway?

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 09:27:20 PM »
Joey Galloway?

There ya go. Thats the man. He was the true threat as I recall.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 10:38:50 AM »
Joey Galloway?

Galloway actually wasn't that good in Dallas, and their only year together Glenn had more yards (754 to 672). You might be thinking of Keyshawn Johnson or Terell Owens?

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 11:53:08 AM »
Joey Galloway?

Galloway actually wasn't that good in Dallas, and their only year together Glenn had more yards (754 to 672). You might be thinking of Keyshawn Johnson or Terell Owens?

Ha! I cant say other than a "recollection" the guy on the other side was the true threat.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »
One thing I remember about Glen was that one of his QBs used to laugh and say you just couldn't overthrow him, he'd always get to the ball. Catching it though, was not his strongest suit, he'd drop a few, now and then.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 05:33:52 PM »
They had a few guys opposite Glenn over the years in Dallas.  Keyshawn, Patrick Crayton, T.O, Miles Austin, were the known players over the seasons.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:35:25 PM by The GM »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 06:32:04 AM »
They had a few guys opposite Glenn over the years in Dallas.  Keyshawn, Patrick Crayton, T.O, Miles Austin, were the known players over the seasons.

Galloway was the guy on my mind. It certainly wasnt Keyshawn (been there/seen that with Tampa), Crayton or Miles Austin.
Owens was still a good player - but a declining threat IMO. For no good reason, I was thinking Galloway was the threat.