May 24, 2018, 06:55:12 AM

Author Topic: Top Players - CBS Sports  (Read 1077 times)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Top Players - CBS Sports
« on: December 17, 2017, 03:03:31 PM »
Here is CBS Sports top 100

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2018/all

Right now my perfect first three rounds:

1. Arden Key DE/OLB LSU(he'll move into the top 10 by draft day)
2. Cameron Kelly CB San Diego State (Willie Buchanon's alma mater)
3. Mike Gesicki TE Penn State (I'd take the kid from Wisconsin here too or a WR)
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline net

• Second String
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
Re: Top Players - CBS Sports
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »
Radical thought: if one of the top QB's was there, I'd take him Round 1. Can Hundley, keep Callahan around and let the new QB work his way to the top. In three years, he's the starter.

Offline 246 toothpicks

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:21:52 PM »
Here is CBS Sports top 100

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2018/all

Right now my perfect first three rounds:

1. Arden Key DE/OLB LSU(he'll move into the top 10 by draft day)
2. Cameron Kelly CB San Diego State (Willie Buchanon's alma mater)
3. Mike Gesicki TE Penn State (I'd take the kid from Wisconsin here too or a WR)

My perfect three as you put it would be:

1. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo 34 OLB. Oklahoma
2. Joshua Jackson CB. Iowa (not likely to fall to second round). I'd trade up in 2 to get him. I've seen him mocked in the 2nd rd.
3. Micheal Gallup WR. Colorado St.

Offline packdaddy

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »
My perfect 3 right now would be:

1. Harold Landry EDGE Boston College - he can get low around that OT like nobody's business

2. Dallas Goedert TE SD State - a "stretch" receiving Tight End would boost this offense (Mark Andrews fits same roll/draft slot)

3a. DJ Chark WR LSU - tall, fast wideout to give Rodgers that deep threat (lots of tall, fast 2nd round WR options this year, really)

3b. (comp pick) MJ Stewart North Carolina CB - good size/strength can play press/man (Kevin Tolliver LSU works here too)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 04:38:11 AM »
Anyone interested in Eli Apple? Would he be "an Apple a day keeps the receptions away", or a "poisoned Apple"? Was it losing during a season that was supposed to be a good season for the Giants? Would a change of venue lead to a change in attitude? Or is this where you pull out that 12-foot Hungarian, because you wouldn't touch this guy with a 10-foot Pole? For the right price, both in terms of draft/player compensation and contract (a one year "show me" deal with very little or no "dead money" if he doesn't last), is he worth the risk? 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 06:22:47 AM »
Anyone interested in Eli Apple? Would he be "an Apple a day keeps the receptions away", or a "poisoned Apple"? Was it losing during a season that was supposed to be a good season for the Giants? Would a change of venue lead to a change in attitude? Or is this where you pull out that 12-foot Hungarian, because you wouldn't touch this guy with a 10-foot Pole? For the right price, both in terms of draft/player compensation and contract (a one year "show me" deal with very little or no "dead money" if he doesn't last), is he worth the risk?

I see this kid as a cancer. If you quit competing because you're losing, you're a loser!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 07:15:34 AM »

I see this kid as a cancer. If you quit competing because you're losing, you're a loser!

After the Bennett fiasco, you can cross Apple off the list. No chance, no way TT takes a risk like that.