February 19, 2018, 11:22:37 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Vikings v Packers Game Day Thread (Saturday, 7:30 CST)  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Vikings v Packers Game Day Thread (Saturday, 7:30 CST)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 03:50:29 PM »
I hope this team comes out swinging. It would be nice to hand the Vikings a loss. I want to see how this team responds with no playoffs.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 03:55:00 PM »
But lets look at your possible scenarios. So, Keenum gets hurt, is that going to undo the Rodgers injury? Will it make anyone on the Packers happy, or give them a feeling of satisfaction? And a crackback on Barr? Like when Sapp leveled Clifton? That kind of hit? Cheap but legal? No thanks.

+1.   

I don't want the Packers to become a dirty team. they haven't been that for as long as I've been watching them (since the latter days of of Chuck Cecil), though the odd incident has happened, as with any team. I like to descibe the Packers attitude to how they play the game as professional, and though others may want more aggression (with the penalties that go with that), I'm happy if I see a team that plays hard but (comparatively) fair. I don't count the pushing and shoving that goes on for maybe one second after the whistle, nor the rush to protect a player that is being harassed by the other team.

I dont want the GBPs to become a dirty team either. The Raiders we do not need to be - but IMO they do need to become more physical. I honestly dont think they're respected in this regard. I think its felt they can be pushed around. Why? Because its happened for some time w/o retribution or consequence.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 03:58:27 PM »
But lets look at your possible scenarios. So, Keenum gets hurt, is that going to undo the Rodgers injury? Will it make anyone on the Packers happy, or give them a feeling of satisfaction? And a crackback on Barr? Like when Sapp leveled Clifton? That kind of hit? Cheap but legal? No thanks.

+1.   

I don't want the Packers to become a dirty team. they haven't been that for as long as I've been watching them (since the latter days of of Chuck Cecil), though the odd incident has happened, as with any team. I like to descibe the Packers attitude to how they play the game as professional, and though others may want more aggression (with the penalties that go with that), I'm happy if I see a team that plays hard but (comparatively) fair. I don't count the pushing and shoving that goes on for maybe one second after the whistle, nor the rush to protect a player that is being harassed by the other team.

I dont want the GBPs to become a dirty team either. The Raiders we do not need to be - but IMO they do need to become more physical. I honestly dont think they're respected in this regard. I think its felt they can be pushed around. Why? Because its happened for some time w/o retribution or consequence.

clap)
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »
I want whomever is ready to play .. to play ... and that we play to win.  The Vikings are my most hated team in the NFL and nothing would make me happier then to see them lose their home field advantage in the NFC Championship game. 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 04:04:18 PM »
I want whomever is ready to play .. to play ... and that we play to win.  The Vikings are my most hated team in the NFL and nothing would make me happier then to see them lose their home field advantage in the NFC Championship game.

I don't think the Vikings or the Eagles are going to be in the NFC Championship game. Just a hunch but  I think LA is going to desroy MN and New Orleans will take care of Philly.

Offline Striker

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2017, 04:05:31 PM »
Inactives

17 WR Davante Adams
23 CB Damarious Randall
52 LB Clay Matthews
53 LB Nick Perry
54 C Dillon Day
73 G Jahri Evans
77 G/T Adam Pankey

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 04:06:42 PM »
Inactives

17 WR Davante Adams
23 CB Damarious Randall
52 LB Clay Matthews
53 LB Nick Perry

54 C Dillon Day
73 G Jahri Evans
77 G/T Adam Pankey

Wow! Did we put House on IR? I'm shocked if he's back already.

I'm excited to see what McCray can do at guard in place of Evans. I think he's going to be an upgrade.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:09:14 PM by golfman »

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 04:44:42 PM »

+1.   

You had it right earlier Leader, when you stated that TJ Lang was the enforcer on that offensive line. TJ’s never been considered a dirty player, but he IS considered a TOUGH guy that plays with a little attitude.

I posted about this very thing when the Packers let him walk, and opined that they’d need somebody to step up and take on that role. I thought maybe Bakhtiari, possibly Linsley, or even RIP might take on that dirty work job. But I think the Packers do need somebody to stand off to the likes of thomas davis, a slew of sea-slugs, and other assorted dirtbags around the league.

I was impressed to see Leonard Fournette get up in Bennett’s grill after that cheap $hit at the end of the seattle’s game against Jacksonville. I definitely think the Packers could use a little more of that on both sides of the ball. If nothing else, it sends a message to the opponent that your squad isn’t going to play doormat when the going gets chippy.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »
You had it right earlier Leader, when you stated that TJ Lang was the enforcer on that offensive line. TJ’s never been considered a dirty player, but he IS considered a TOUGH guy that plays with a little attitude.

I posted about this very thing when the Packers let him walk, and opined that they’d need somebody to step up and take on that role. I thought maybe Bakhtiari, possibly Linsley, or even RIP might take on that dirty work job. But I think the Packers do need somebody to stand off to the likes of thomas davis, a slew of sea-slugs, and other assorted dirtbags around the league.

I was impressed to see Leonard Fournette get up in Bennett’s grill after that cheap $hit at the end of the seattle’s game against Jacksonville. I definitely think the Packers could use a little more of that on both sides of the ball. If nothing else, it sends a message to the opponent that your squad isn’t going to play doormat when the going gets chippy.

Again I'm not looking for a cheap shot artist - but hey - Davante took a head shot straight in the face in that CHI game and nobody - nobody - on the GBPs even grabbed that SOB by the collar and started giving his s*** for it. At some point, you've gotta stand up. Get in peoples faces. Let em know a line exists. 

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 04:54:53 PM »
I hope MNs all freaked out by the cold weather and play accordingly cause we've got nobody in the secondary. If these guys feel like passing the ball - we're in serious trouble.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »

Again I'm not looking for a cheap shot artist - but hey - Davante took a head shot straight in the face in that CHI game and nobody - nobody - on the GBPs even grabbed that SOB by the collar and started giving his s*** for it. At some point, you've gotta stand up. Get in peoples faces. Let em know a line exists.

I understand what you’re saying, and “every team needs a guy...or two.”

I coached (and played) hockey in Wisconsin before I moved out to the West Coast, and I always coached my teams to play physical. But dirty, or even chippy play, was not tolerated. I’d sit a kid down for a while...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 05:17:25 PM by JQ »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 05:13:57 PM »
What is generally the difference in draft position between 7-9, 8-8, 9-7?

It could be anywhere from 12 to 20.
by Tom Silverstein 8:12 PM

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 05:15:18 PM »
Zach Kruse:

Packers are without Week 1 starters at QB, RB, WR, TE, RG, RT, OLB, OLB and CB, or 9 of the 22.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2017, 05:26:08 PM »
Jake Ryan, Dean Lowry and Richard Rodgers are the captains.

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »
Nice pass for yards........sprigs hurt ugg