August 22, 2018, 12:07:59 AM

Author Topic: Josh Rosen  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: Josh Rosen
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 09:40:16 AM »
I cant say for sure, but I suspect some gamesmanship with Rosen being held out of the bowl game.  His draft status is pretty high, his concussion was nearly a month ago.  Its the frickin Cactus Bowl.  I cant say with certainty, but I suspect if Rosen was a 5th round prospect, he would have played. Rosen says he wanted to play but I think UCLA had a eye on Rosens draft status with this decision.  JMO.

Cant say I care a great deal in any case, but hell - I checked UCLAs record and think it was a 5+5 team (and they lost didnt they?) - his draft status (based upon on the field play) is already about as high as it ever will be - whats to gain by playing?

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 09:55:03 AM »
Here is the very first paragraph in that article I put up:

UCLA star QB Josh Rosen will sit out the Bruins' Cactus Bowl game against Kansas State Tuesday under doctor's orders, multiple sources have told SI Saturday afternoon.

If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 10:08:47 PM »
I think he's a bust of Ryan Leaf proportions.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 03:39:18 AM »
I think he's a bust of Ryan Leaf proportions.

He's kind of goofy like Leaf was too.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 03:50:02 AM »
Rosen is probably the most advanced QB in the draft.

He CAN read defenses, when so many QBs can't. He has the arm talent. If you draft Rosen, you are hoping his personality evolves as he grows up, because that is what might kill you if you go all in on the guy. That is a considerable risk.........but the reward is high too.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline heikks86

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »
If I'm Cleveland I'm taking taking QB with my two - first round picks. Whoever they deem to be the best two players at the position. No question about it. They have 3 second round picks as well but getting the QB position right is priority #1 for these guys.

Washington did something similar when they took RG3, later in the draft they took Cousins. I remember at the time the analysts said it was a bad move but it worked out after RG3 flamed oit after his injury