February 21, 2018, 01:33:52 AM

Author Topic: Did I read correctly?  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: Did I read correctly?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 08:29:31 AM »
Thanks Pugger. I've added those links to my bookmarks. I've signed on at Packersfuture for now, but I'll troll other sites if this one is not taken over by someone else and ceases to be, to see which seems the most active, insightful and reasonably moderated.

I recommend that all posters at PC use the same username as they do here, at least for a month or two, so we can recognise each other, elsewhere.

I sincerely doubt Footballs Future is going anywhere anytime soon.  With all of the subforums' moderators and Webby - the guy who has run it for years - it is more than reasonably moderated.  I use Pugger on all the sites I visit so you'll find me pretty easily.   :)

Offline CWood21

• Rookie
Re: Did I read correctly?
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 04:16:37 PM »
Hopefully I'm not stepping on anyone's feet here, in particular the owner of this fine website.  Admittedly, I was more of a lurker than a consistent poster.

That being said, I'm one of the Packer forum moderators at Football's Future and would love to have each and everyone of you join an already large Packers' forum.  We're one of the most active team forums, and if not for the off-topic thread the Eagles' forum currently has we'd have nearly a 500 post lead over the next highest team forum.  I can pretty much assure you that the forum is going nowhere as our forum admin (as Pugger affectiontly referred to him as Webby) as he just updated the forum to a new site back in August.  We hope you'll take a look and eventually join us in the Packers.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here or there and I'd venture a guess that Pugger would help as well.  She's very helpful at FF.

Go Pack Go!

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
One week to PC site death.
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 08:39:37 AM »
Hope you all have your alternatives dialled in.

End of an era, (or at least an epoch).

To those who have not transferred to the same site as I have (like dannobannano), best wishes for the future, hope we come across each other again down the road.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Starr2Max

• Starter
Re: One week to PC site death.
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 11:06:51 AM »
I'm on FF, as are a number of PC alumni - which is good.  So far, I have found about the same mixture of knowledgeable fans, just plain fans (like myself) and a few sometimes annoying fans - you can never escape them. What I have found most exasperating is that I have not yet figured out which threads have new posts and returning to where the new posts commenced so that I can find a chronology in the discussion. 
Larry, you have provided a provided an exceptionally run refuge where so many of us can escape from our normal lives and find well-informed Packer fans with which we can converse on our favorite topic.  Thank you for the many hours that I know you had to have put in to make this such a wonderful retreat.

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 12:37:37 PM »
I'm on FF, as are a number of PC alumni - which is good.  So far, I have found about the same mixture of knowledgeable fans..... What I have found most exasperating is that I have not yet figured out which threads have new posts and returning to where the new posts commenced so that I can find a chronology in the discussion.  ...

Same!  If there's a trick, or after we've been on for a week or more we get access to such powers, that would be nice! 

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 02:06:36 PM »
I'm on FF, as are a number of PC alumni - which is good.  So far, I have found about the same mixture of knowledgeable fans..... What I have found most exasperating is that I have not yet figured out which threads have new posts and returning to where the new posts commenced so that I can find a chronology in the discussion.  ...

Same!  If there's a trick, or after we've been on for a week or more we get access to such powers, that would be nice! 

1. Locate the Sort By down arrow (to the number of thread pages) review and set your preference.
2. New messages cause the thread font to embolden. When you access the most recent, the thread font will be normal.
3. You can follow a poster so their comments will appear at the "bell" icon in the upper right. If you were having a conversation with someone you're following you can locate their entries in that thread since you've been off.

Or-

4. You can click Mark Site As Read - which will clear (Pt. 2) all past (or missed) responses and get you starting from scratch with the newest entry.

:)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 02:10:55 PM by Leader »

Offline Starr2Max

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »

1. Locate the Sort By down arrow (to the number of thread pages) review and set your preference.
2. New messages cause the thread font to embolden. When you access the most recent, the thread font will be normal.
3. You can follow a poster so their comments will appear at the "bell" icon in the upper right. If you were having a conversation with someone you're following you can locate their entries in that thread since you've been off.

Or-

4. You can click Mark Site As Read - which will clear (Pt. 2) all past (or missed) responses and get you starting from scratch with the newest entry.

:)
Thanks - not anywhere near as user friendly as PC.  I've been spoiled.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
I'm on FF, as are a number of PC alumni - which is good.  So far, I have found about the same mixture of knowledgeable fans, just plain fans (like myself) and a few sometimes annoying fans - you can never escape them. What I have found most exasperating is that I have not yet figured out which threads have new posts and returning to where the new posts commenced so that I can find a chronology in the discussion. 
Larry, you have provided a provided an exceptionally run refuge where so many of us can escape from our normal lives and find well-informed Packer fans with which we can converse on our favorite topic.  Thank you for the many hours that I know you had to have put in to make this such a wonderful retreat.

If there are new posts you haven't read over on FF the title of the thread is bolded but if you click on in it won't take you to where you last were.  Not many sites do this.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 12:26:01 AM »
I am getting kind of weepy thinking about the end.

I spent so much time here and most of it was enjoyable.  I will really miss it.

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 04:37:00 AM »
This is the only place I've felt comfortable enough to post without having to worry about the dregs of humanity vomiting all over everyone's day. I did make an account at FF but I'll probably just go back to reading about the pack instead of taking part in a forum community. That may change at some point but who knows. Later folks.

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 06:44:33 AM »
This is the only place I've felt comfortable enough to post without having to worry about the dregs of humanity vomiting all over everyone's day. I did make an account at FF but I'll probably just go back to reading about the pack instead of taking part in a forum community. That may change at some point but who knows. Later folks.

This may be the end for me also, you couldn't have said things any better. Good luck to you and everyone.

Offline GreenAndGoldLenses

• Second String
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 07:18:44 AM »

If there are new posts you haven't read over on FF the title of the thread is bolded but if you click on in it won't take you to where you last were.  Not many sites do this.
If you click on the dot to the left of the thread, it will take you to the next unread post.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. (Confucius)

Offline Starr2Max

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2018, 09:27:55 AM »

If you click on the dot to the left of the thread, it will take you to the next unread post.
Thanks - so much. thumbsup)

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 09:49:12 AM »
Larry and I are working to continue PackerChatters. The last chapter has't yet been written.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!