May 24, 2018, 06:52:48 AM

Author Topic: Mancl's final mock  (Read 1077 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Mancl's final mock
« on: January 14, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
Let me set the stage for what is likely to be my last draft post.

Tight end is by far the weakest position on the team and they will have to reshape this position with free agency and the draft.  I can see them adding a second tier corner as well. 

I don’t see them keeping all of their picks-Rather see a lot of movement in the middle rounds to improve position. e.g. packaging 2th to move up in the 3rd.

1st round. Marcos Davenport UTSA Edge  came to school as 200 pound receiver-is now a 6-6 edge rusher with long arms and an explosive lst step

2nd Equanimous St Brown WR Notre Dame Even if Nelson and Cobb are back you are left with the slowest set of receivers in the league. St Brown is a 6-4 205 red shirt soph  with good speed for his size

3rd Lorenzo Carter OLB  Georgia- another top athlete who can put pressure on QB

3rd Comp  Holton Hill Corner Texas- His season ending suspension raises a big red flag but if he checks out he has a lot of physical ability

4th  Dalton Schultz Need another tight end- what skill sets you look for depends upon what you get in  free agency.  Shultz is considered on of the few tight ends who is a good blocker

5th Jamarco Jones  OT  Ohio St-  I don’t know the OT’s that well- feel free so substitute another name.
I would try to get through the season with the tackles on the roster but look to replace Bulaga after this season

After this I would look to add a qb and depth anywhere.

Offline packdaddy

• All Pro
Re: Mancl's final mock
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »
Last draft post.  What a sad thought.  I have posted here more than any other place (other than game-day threads).  I love the draft, and this has been a great site for discussing it.  I will always cherish the discussions with Patty down through the years. 

Mancl, where will you be posting, so we can continue to talk some draft?

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
Re: Mancl's final mock
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »
No need for last mock,keep them coming! ;D