August 21, 2018, 02:32:56 AM

Author Topic: New PC forums  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Re: New PC forums
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »
With this new domain, are we going to have trouble attracting new members? Is that even going to be possible?

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 02:53:42 PM »
Thanks Mark, much consternation over this. Much happier now. Thanks again for keeping the best packer  site going!

Offline Lurksalot

• Rookie
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »
I don't post often but this news is worthy of a big slap on the back and a hearty thank you.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 03:30:57 PM »
With this new domain, are we going to have trouble attracting new members? Is that even going to be possible?

In a day or two PackerChatters.com will point here.

Will we attract new members? Have we seen "peak NFL?" Will Gutekunst restore our roster to something more competitive? Will Tom Brady win the next ten SBs in a row, leading to millions going on his alkaline diet? Will TB12 Cocoa Avocado Ice Cream replace Cherry Garcia in Ben and Jerry's lineup? Will Danika suddenly lose her massive drive to go 200 mph, discover her hidden domesticity, settle down in Green Bay and start pumping out little Aarons? For the answers to these and other pressing questions, stay tuned.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:33:49 PM by marklawrence »
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »
So glad to see this continuing! No better group of posters about GBP football on the web.

Offline Fox_NFLs_GG

• Rookie
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 06:58:44 PM »

Will we attract new members? Have we seen "peak NFL?" Will Gutekunst restore our roster to something more competitive? Will Tom Brady win the next ten SBs in a row, leading to millions going on his alkaline diet? Will TB12 Cocoa Avocado Ice Cream replace Cherry Garcia in Ben and Jerry's lineup? Will Danika suddenly lose her massive drive to go 200 mph, discover her hidden domesticity, settle down in Green Bay and start pumping out little Aarons? For the answers to these and other pressing questions, stay tuned.

The move to the current registration process will go along ways to attracting new members or former members from long ago, like me.

Danica is a Bears fan, see might try to get him to jump ship.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 07:25:29 PM »
Thanks so much for maintaining this fine forum.

Very glad you did.

Offline NYPACKATTACK

• Rookie
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 07:20:50 AM »
Great News.  Thank you to those making it possible to continue.

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 08:03:27 AM »
  Well done sir!  thumbsup)

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 09:06:06 AM »
WOW! Still here! Thank you for your hard work Mark!

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2018, 05:20:39 PM »
With the old forum URL now disabled, and with the relatively fast (and late) decision to keep the forum open, I’m thinking that the lack of traffic here the past few days may be a result of some folks not getting the memo that PC was still alive at this new URL.

I’d hate for us to lose folks who didn’t see Mark’s message and his Re-direct to this URL, and with the old forum link now gone, will those folks even know we’re here?  I typed in “PackerChatters” into a few different search engines and all of the links were broken.  Suggestions on how to get the word out?  I’m certainly grateful we’re still up and running (thank you Mark and Leader), and it would be fantastic if we could get as many folks back as possible.
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

LMGinReno

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 06:33:38 PM »

It won't be until Jan. 30th that Mark will be able to take over the PackerChatters Domain and then things will start pointing to the new Forums.

Only way to get the word out that the Forums are up and running is by 'word of mouth' sharing the new URL.

I'm not saying at all to raid other Forums like was done to us a few years ago.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 07:47:44 PM »
I'm not saying at all to raid other Forums like was done to us a few years ago.

but it's ok with me.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline Schmidty X

• Rookie
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 09:07:20 AM »
With the old forum URL now disabled, and with the relatively fast (and late) decision to keep the forum open, I’m thinking that the lack of traffic here the past few days may be a result of some folks not getting the memo that PC was still alive at this new URL.

I’d hate for us to lose folks who didn’t see Mark’s message and his Re-direct to this URL, and with the old forum link now gone, will those folks even know we’re here?  I typed in “PackerChatters” into a few different search engines and all of the links were broken.  Suggestions on how to get the word out?  I’m certainly grateful we’re still up and running (thank you Mark and Leader), and it would be fantastic if we could get as many folks back as possible.

Yeah, I usually just read and I thought it shut down.  If I didn't stop by a few days ago and see the notice it was continuing I would of just moved on when the link didn't work.  I got here by searching packerchatters and checking the twitter account (dead) and then The Facebook page which had a link here.  Anyway,  figured I'd sign up so I would be alerted to any changes.  So you got 1 new member from the confusion at least  ;D

LMGinReno

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 10:49:37 AM »
Yes the entire website is now closed.

I have our Facebook still up and as was mentioned by Schmidty X, and welcome here btw, put a link up to where the Forums are now being hosted.

Never started personally an Official PC Twitter account.

The 'word' will get out and January 30 Mark will be able to start pointing their things to the PackerChatters.com Domain which will get the search engines to do their thing.