May 24, 2018, 06:58:11 AM

Author Topic: 2018 Mock v1.0  (Read 761 times)

Offline Uncle Josh

• Rookie
2018 Mock v1.0
« on: January 16, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
Re-structure:

Jordy Nelson

Clay Matthews

Bryan Bulaga

Cut:

Randall Cobb

In FA, Packers sign:

Ezekiel Ansah, OLB

Jimmy Graham, TE

Morgan Burnett, S

Tramon Williams, CB

Julius Peppers, OLB

Davon House, CB

Jahri Evans, G

Quinton Dial, DT

Justin McCray, G

Package our four 5th rounders in exchange for two 4ths to whomever will.

Package our 7ths to move up into the 6th.

1- Christian Kirk, WR- Texas A&M
2- Lorenzo Carter, OLB- Georgia
3a- Nick Nelson, CB- Wisconsin
3b- D.J. Chark, WR- LSU
4a- Mike Gesicki, TE- Penn State
4b- Ian Thomas, TE- Indiana
4c- Joseph Noteboom, OT- Texas Christian
6a- Chris Worley, ILB- Ohio State
6b- J.T. Barrett, QB- Ohio State

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: 2018 Mock v1.0
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 05:19:34 AM »
Wow, not sure where all the money is coming from for the FA.....
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 07:34:12 AM »
Re-structure:

Jordy Nelson

Clay Matthews

Bryan Bulaga

Cut:

Randall Cobb

In FA, Packers sign:

Ezekiel Ansah, OLB I suspect the Lions will tag him.

Jimmy Graham, TE I don't know if we can afford what he's gonna demand.

Morgan Burnett, S

Tramon Williams, CB He's getting rather long in the tooth.

Julius Peppers, OLB  I wonder if he'd consider coming back after we didn't even bother to make an offer last year?

Davon House, CB

Jahri Evans, G

Quinton Dial, DT

Justin McCray, G

3b- D.J. Chark, WR- LSU

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:07:20 AM »
Re-structure:

Jordy Nelson (Extend him or just ask him to take a pay cut? BTW, he's a FA next year)

Clay Matthews (Same question, comment)

Bryan Bulaga (Health is a big question with Bulaga, but who else do the Packers have?)

Cut:

Randall Cobb (Why not try to restructure his contract? Cutting him leaves several million in dead cap when you posit signing a lot of FA's)

In FA, Packers sign:

Ezekiel Ansah, OLB (Young and good)

Jimmy Graham, TE (Could be a bidding war for his services with Atlanta)

Morgan Burnett, S (IF the new DC wants him, definitely)

Tramon Williams, CB (Old and lost two steps)

Julius Peppers, OLB (An ageless wonder, but very unlikely he'd leave Carolina)

Davon House, CB (Again, IF the new DC wants him)

Jahri Evans, G (Nope, time to move on with one of the younger guys)

Quinton Dial, DT (IF...)

Justin McCray, G (Sure)

3b- D.J. Chark, WR- LSU

Overall, your FA acquisitions are ambitious but sometimes just head scratching. Add Williams, Evans and Peppers? Are you trying to revive the George Allen "Over the Hill Gang"? As far as who to draft, a WR at #1 makes sense only if Ansah or a comparable player is signed in FA. If not, an edge rusher would be a priority.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:33:32 AM »
 They would have to restructure #12's contract to free up that kind of money. You never know, they may give him a raise with a big singing bonus, move his cap hit to later years and go all in this year. Gotta get them to sign here first to see what can be done with the cap. Jimmy Graham was made for this offense, could set NFL records for red zone/ 3rd down % with him.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 09:49:26 AM »
Jimmy Graham was made for this offense, could set NFL records for red zone/ 3rd down % with him.

Graham makes $10 mill for the Seahawks, and blocks like my Grandma.  Hes done very well in this contract year, but in the past years in Seattle, he's disappeared.  Be leary of Graham.   He looks and sounds like a great fit, but know what you are getting with him.       

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 01:44:51 PM »
Jimmy Graham was made for this offense, could set NFL records for red zone/ 3rd down % with him.

Graham makes $10 mill for the Seahawks, and blocks like my Grandma.  Hes done very well in this contract year, but in the past years in Seattle, he's disappeared.  Be leary of Graham.   He looks and sounds like a great fit, but know what you are getting with him.     

An all time great TE that's a huge upgrade over what we have on our roster, better than anything else in free agency or the draft. Finley wasn't a great blocker and look at where the position/ offense has been since we lost him. We have cap space and can create more for a couple big signings. Also, I don't think Seattle has been the best fit for Graham. Hard to say he would want to play in GB, or if Gute is willing, we'll have to see.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 03:34:30 PM »

An all time great TE that's a huge upgrade over what we have on our roster, better than anything else in free agency or the draft. Finley wasn't a great blocker and look at where the position/ offense has been since we lost him. We have cap space and can create more for a couple big signings. Also, I don't think Seattle has been the best fit for Graham. Hard to say he would want to play in GB, or if Gute is willing, we'll have to see.

Much of that is true, but keep in mind. there's a reason New Orleans with Brees and that offense traded him, and Seattle may let him go. 

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 06:43:04 PM »

Much of that is true, but keep in mind. there's a reason New Orleans with Brees and that offense traded him, and Seattle may let him go.

I remember, Graham wanted to be paid like WR because of his snaps in that position. That was the start of that mindset with TE's. New Orleans gave him a big deal and got themselves in cap trouble. Seattle offered up a trade too good to pass up and they dealt him. And yes, he has never been a good blocker.

I hope Seattle lets him go, even if it isn't to us, because he bailed out Wilson a lot this year ::)