November 19, 2018, 01:33:21 PM

Author Topic: Top 3 QBs in Packer History  (Read 2208 times)

Offline LMG

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Re: Top 3 QBs in Packer History
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 05:53:45 PM »
Four way tie Jerry Tagge, Scotty Hunter, Rich Campbell and Scott Tolzein.

And how do you backup those choices for Top 3 QBs in Packer History?
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 11:19:59 PM »
Yes, in Packer history.

I thought it could offer the chance for some good debate. The reason that I posted it was after thinking about Tom Brady and AR. I do believe that Brady is the greatest QB in NFL history, but AR is without question the much more talented QB. I would venture to guess that if a GM could pick between starting their team with a 25 year old Brady or a 25 year old AR, and I am being conservative here, as many would select AR as would select Brady.

So much of greatness is dependent upon situation as timing as it is pure talent, or at least I believe that to be the case

In order:

Bart Starr - 5 Titles says it all.
Aaron Rodgers - Still more history to write
Brett Favre - Briefly held nearly every record imaginable

Honorable mention:
Arnie Herber - Stepped in and kept a dynasty rolling. Was Don Hutson's QB.
Tobin Rote - Under appreciated player.
During the span of his Green Bay career, Rote ranked third in the NFL in passing touchdowns, trailing only Bobby Layne and Norm Van Brocklin. He also ranked first in the league in rushing yards by a quarterback and second in touchdowns.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobin_Rote

This thumbsup)

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 08:33:12 PM »

Campbell and Tagge were the highest drafted QBs in Packer history (1960+) at picks 6 and 11.
I meant to say Don Horn, a 1st round pick, and not Scottie Hunter, forgive me if my memory of their careers is a bit blurry.

As far as Tolzien goes, well it was so quiet in here, I just wanted to see if I could hear my echo!!

Please forgive me, but the true top three is  Campbell, Tagge & Rodgers with Horn on the outside looking in.

Offline LMG

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 09:01:17 PM »

Campbell and Tagge were the highest drafted QBs in Packer history (1960+) at picks 6 and 11.
I meant to say Don Horn, a 1st round pick, and not Scottie Hunter, forgive me if my memory of their careers is a bit blurry.

As far as Tolzien goes, well it was so quiet in here, I just wanted to see if I could hear my echo!!

Please forgive me, but the true top three is  Campbell, Tagge & Rodgers with Horn on the outside looking in.

Didn't know the question was about the highest drafted QB's....thought this was about the top 3 QB's in Packer history by performance.

If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.