August 21, 2018, 02:33:55 AM

Author Topic: Rodgers Miffed QB Coach Was Let Go?  (Read 1956 times)

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
Re: Rodgers Miffed QB Coach Was Let Go?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 01:17:33 PM »
I think having a defense that can compete with the offense will go a long ways to helping AR forget about this "controversy".
I'm sure AR is just annoyed with having to break in and train another QB coach.  At this moment it might be hard to see the upside of this change.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 02:36:01 PM »
I think having a defense that can compete with the offense will go a long ways to helping AR forget about this "controversy".
I'm sure AR is just annoyed with having to break in and train another QB coach.  At this moment it might be hard to see the upside of this change.

Evidence is starting to accumulate that Aaron is unhappy with the team that he helped build - picking in the high 20s every year has not been kind to our roster. It turns out that it would be good to pick in the low teens perhaps one year in three. Meanwhile, we haven't picked a blue chip player since Clay, and we need about two more. We won't be getting two more this year.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline SKOLmeansNEXTyear

• Rookie
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 09:17:57 AM »

Evidence is starting to accumulate that Aaron is unhappy with the team that he helped build - picking in the high 20s every year has not been kind to our roster. It turns out that it would be good to pick in the low teens perhaps one year in three. Meanwhile, we haven't picked a blue chip player since Clay, and we need about two more. We won't be getting two more this year.

What do you mean by blue chip? Clay was picked 26 or so right? We could get another good-great player, no one knows for sure how anyone turns out.

Offline phanatic1

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »
I guess what puzzles me is that ARod knew that Van Pelt's contract had run out and he made it pretty clear after last season that he had hopes of getting an OC job after this season and was looking to pursue some other opportunities.  His leaving should not have been a surprise. I find it hard to believe that with all of the time they have spent together, the subject never came up. 

I have been critical of MM and many of his decisions, but it seems like he didn't owe a call to Arod telling him that Van Pelt was leaving.  It sounds like everyone pretty much knew it anyway. 

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 07:00:21 AM »
Since there were articles posted last offseason about AR talking up Van Pelt as OC for other teams, he must think Van Pelt was qualified to be GB's OC, and should have been considered.
I don't think Rodgers was "miffed", I just think he's letting Van Pelt know that he wasn't part of the movement to bring in someone else.