June 19, 2018, 05:18:23 AM

Author Topic: OTA notes  (Read 3967 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: OTA notes
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »
Michael Cohen

Verified account

@Michael_Cohen13
Follow Follow @Michael_Cohen13
More
DNP for the #Packers (injuries):

Trevor Davis (hamstring)
Josh Jones (ankle)
Jake Ryan (hamstring)
Kyler Fackrell (hamstring)
Geronimo Allison (ankle)

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a rash of hamstring problems? It seems the training staff should be giving these guys an off-season regimen to follow to keep them more limber.

Just a product of off-season speed work done with personal trainers in an attempt to become more twitchy as a player. They have close to zero interest in what the team training staff has to suggest for off-season workouts, every team deals with the issue.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 16m16 minutes ago
More
#Packers WR coach David Raih says rookie Marquez Valdes-Scantling is "playing fast off the ball." Earlier, Jim Hostler said he was surprised how "sudden" he is. Hands will be big thing for him, but fifth rounder clearly impressing with his athleticism.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2018, 02:47:29 PM »
Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
#Packers RB coach Ben Sirmans says Ty Montgomery's role will start to develop in training camp. Expects intense RB battle, but: "I think he's too talented for him not to be on the football field." Sirmans especially likes Montgomery's ability to create matchup problems.

Raih with great breakdown of #Packers WR Davante Adams' game: "Davante is a guy who uses extreme detail at the line of scrimmage to create separation." Raih says it's great example for rookies to learn.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2018, 02:55:17 PM »
Aaron Nagler

Verified account

@AaronNagler
 57m57 minutes ago
More
Jim Hostler, asked about rookie WRs struggling to produce their rookie years, cites many having 4 or 5 routes on the perimeter in college. "We may have 150."

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2018, 08:45:05 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/06/12/green-bay-packers-minicamp-tackle-jason-spriggs-gains-size-strength/696065002/

Spriggs apparently cleared, and has apparently gained a bunch of weight. 
Whether he's gained strength and power, that's different from eating a lot. 

Offline bmaafi

• Rookie
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2018, 10:02:29 PM »
Anyone else notice J. Williams and Jones look like they have bulked up a little? Jones in the upper body and Williams kind of all over.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2018, 11:40:38 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 2h2 hours ago
More
#Packers have a pair of WRs trying out today: Adonis Jennings (1) out of Temple, and Malik Turner (13) out of Illinois.

Adonis Jennings of Temple and Malik Turner of Illinois were in uniform and helmets for the Packers on Wednesday, making it possible one will be signed by the end of the minicamp.

I think they are light one WR and heavy one TE on the current 90 man roster for training camp, but that is assuming that they view Graham as a TE and not a WR. If inside the Packers walls they view him really as a WR, then there may be no roster change coming.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2018, 12:10:37 PM »
Michael Cohen

Verified account

@Michael_Cohen13
More
A brief fight breaks out during team drills. Offensive lineman Lucas Patrick was punching a defensive player in the stomach. Credit to Patrick for going to the body instead of moronically punching someone’s helmet. #Packers

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2018, 12:14:17 PM »
Michael Cohen

Verified account

@Michael_Cohen13
More
A brief fight breaks out during team drills. Offensive lineman Lucas Patrick was punching a defensive player in the stomach. Credit to Patrick for going to the body instead of moronically punching someone’s helmet#Packers

Or punching a white/black/smart board during the playoffs.  ;D
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »
Packer Report

Packer Report
@PackerReport
·
8h
Emanuel Byrd had three straight TDs in red zone period.

I think their is a fair chance that this guy sticks on the 53 and Kendricks is cut loose. Is their any chance of picking up a conditional 7th rounder from the Chargers for him now?

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2018, 05:59:30 AM »
Packer Report

Packer Report
@PackerReport
·
8h

I think their is a fair chance that this guy sticks on the 53 and Kendricks is cut loose. Is their any chance of picking up a conditional 7th rounder from the Chargers for him now?

Slow down. He had a good day against- who was covering him again? There is a long way to go before any definitive decisions can be made for backups. We'll see what happens when the pads go on and the competition heats up.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2018, 07:30:28 AM »
Packer Report

Packer Report
@PackerReport
·
8h

Slow down. He had a good day against- who was covering him again? There is a long way to go before any definitive decisions can be made for backups. We'll see what happens when the pads go on and the competition heats up.

This is not just a good day of practice against whoever. For those that have been paying attention, he has been doing these types of things since being a late add to training camp last season. The only thing slowing his chances last year was knowledge of the system. A year on the PS and a late season add to the 53 and he is much more aware then a year ago. In his one game of action in week 17 against the Lions he had 2 catches for 31 yards and showed again that he can perform what is ask of him. Kendrick disappointingly has only stolen money from the day he signed, the classic veteran wanting to just add to his bank account before riding off into the sunset.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2018, 08:20:07 AM »
Rob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
Follow Follow @RobDemovsky
More
Other than Bryan Bulaga, coach Mike McCarthy said he didn't any concerns about injured/rehabbing players being ready for training camp. It still seems likely Bulaga will open camp on PUP given that he tore his ACL in November.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »
Aaron Nagler

Verified account

@AaronNagler
 5h5 hours ago
More Aaron Nagler Retweeted Wes Hodkiewicz
I know fans think he's a long shot, but If he has a good start to camp, he has a real chance to not only make the team but to push Kendricks for a spot in the rotation. He made plays right away when they picked him up in camp last year.Aaron Nagler added,

Wes Hodkiewicz
Verified account

@WesHod
Emanuel Byrd...still catching everything #Packers

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2018, 10:50:00 AM »
Wes Hodkiewicz

Verified account

@WesHod
 50m50 minutes ago
More
Tim Boyle throws a dime to Ja’Mon Moore for a 41-yard TD in move the ball #Packers

Boyle throws a 37-yard TD to Michael Clark in two minute. Worked sidelines with passes to keep drive moving and time from running #Packers