June 19, 2018, 05:13:21 AM

Author Topic: OTA notes  (Read 3965 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: OTA notes
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2018, 10:34:31 AM »
Rob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
 27m27 minutes ago
More Rob Demovsky Retweeted Rob Demovsky
Adams did individual drills but looks like he’s still limited. Not doing 11-on-11s.

Davante Adams (hamstring) wasn't the only WR to return. So did Trevor Davis (hamstring) and Randall Cobb, whose absence last week was not injury related. CB Demetri Goodson (calf) and TE Emanuel Byrd (hamstring) also returned.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 31m31 minutes ago
More
#Packers C Corey Linsley did not participate today because of a back injury. WR Michael Clark was out with an ankle, and OL Alex Light had a shoulder. WR Colby Pearson, OLB Clay Matthews, OLB Nick Perry, LG Lane Taylor, RT Bryan Bulaga and OT Jason Spriggs remain out.

Offline JerryA

• Rookie
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2018, 03:07:30 PM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 25m25 minutes ago
More
Still no sight of #Packers S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at voluntary OTAs. Randall Cobb and Mason Crosby have returned after missing Thursday.

GB2016
Cheesehead
Ratings:
+18
New
HaHa will be exposed. The year he made the Pro Bowl because of his interceptions was an anomaly. He played really deep and when the QB's made horrible overthrows he was there to pick them off. Didn't show any instinct on breaking to the ball and making a football play. Also, did not show the ability to make a hard tackle on a wide open receive after the catch. If he has any kind of year like last year I would expect him to be gone. BTW, he hasn't been to any OTA's yet!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2018, 05:34:59 PM »
Clinton-Dix looks like he is one of the early favorites for fans to hate on this year. With him missing the early OTA's and with the way he played last season it is understandable that he would top the list of some of those that feel that need. But if it is the OTA's that has a person most sideways you may want to reconsider. Clinton-Dix lost his godmother and a person that has been very active in his life up until the day she past , Alisa Dorsett was 49.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-alisa-dorsett-obit-20180514-story.html

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »
Clinton-Dix looks like he is one of the early favorites for fans to hate on this year. With him missing the early OTA's and with the way he played last season it is understandable that he would top the list of some of those that feel that need. But if it is the OTA's that has a person most sideways you may want to reconsider. Clinton-Dix lost his godmother and a person that has been very active in his life up until the day she past , Alisa Dorsett was 49.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-alisa-dorsett-obit-20180514-story.html

My deepest condolences to Clinton-Dix at this difficult time. I've read comments on other sites that its time to get rid of C-D, he's a bum, etc. Reminds me a lot of all the haters when Adams had a down year. Or Crosby after the year his accuracy went AWOL. Patience, grasshopper.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2018, 02:12:46 AM »
Too much angst, too early. Give it time to play out and most of this will be forgotten.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »
Some good stuff from yesterday;

Andy Herman

@SconnieSports
 Jun 4
More
Few quick notes:

Cole Madison looks the part. He’s going to be one to keep an eye on.

Kyle Murphy two real nice reps in o-line drills.

Really like the first impression of udfa qb Tim Boyle. Live arm, good accuracy and I like his demeanor. This doesn’t seem too big for him.

Rodgers opens up team drills with a beautiful td pass on a corner route to Jimmy Graham who beat Jermaine Whitehead on the play.

Kizer replicates Rodgers corner route td earlier, this time Mercedes Lewis beats Marwin Evans. Another nice throw and catch.

Jaire Alexander is on a different level in the cb fundamental drills. His ability to flip his hips and explode is the real deal. Matches his college tape for sure. Love to see that.

Lenzy Pipkins and Donatello Brown both looked real smooth in corner drills too. Honorable mention to Herb Waters.

Seems the first team offensive line today is Bakhtiari - Patrick - Day - McCray - Pankey. I wouldn’t glean too much from this but semi interesting Pankey over Murphy/Bell at RT.

Geronimo Allison is having a really nice day.

Jaire Alexander with nice coverage on Adams.

Adams comes back & beats Alexander with a nice route next time.

J’Mon Moore watched a ball sail over him which he should have prob got his hands on and then double catches the next pass.

Jaire with great coverage and a diving pass breakup covering Jake Kumerow.

Josh Jackson bringing the pressure on a corner blitz for a “sack” on Brett Hundley.

Robert Tonyan showing off his hands on a quick pass from Hundley. A little explosion after the catch from the young tight end too.

If early impressions are any indication, get used to seeing a lot of Rodgers to Jimmy Graham. Rodgers looks like he really enjoys his big new weapon on offense.

Also it’s way too early but watching a lot of Jaire Alexander and he’s been really inpressive all day.

And on queue Rodgers finds an open Graham for a td in the back of the end zone (Biegel in coverage) but this time Graham drops the sure td.

Whitehead and Alexander had Cobb bracketed. Whitehead on outside, Alexander on inside. Cobb hesitates outside, cuts inside and Alexander got a really quick view on just how fast Rodgers’ fast ball is. Rodgers rockets one into Cobb for the td as Alexander is a half step behind.

Valdes-Scantling is the WR of the three rookies standing out the most. He just made his 2nd td catch in team activities. Moore looks like he’s thinking a lot (not unusual for a rookie).

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »
Some good stuff from yesterday;

Andy Herman

@SconnieSports
 Jun 4
More
Few quick notes:

Cole Madison looks the part. He’s going to be one to keep an eye on.

Kyle Murphy two real nice reps in o-line drills.

Really like the first impression of udfa qb Tim Boyle. Live arm, good accuracy and I like his demeanor. This doesn’t seem too big for him.

Rodgers opens up team drills with a beautiful td pass on a corner route to Jimmy Graham who beat Jermaine Whitehead on the play.

Kizer replicates Rodgers corner route td earlier, this time Mercedes Lewis beats Marwin Evans. Another nice throw and catch.

Jaire Alexander is on a different level in the cb fundamental drills. His ability to flip his hips and explode is the real deal. Matches his college tape for sure. Love to see that.

Lenzy Pipkins and Donatello Brown both looked real smooth in corner drills too. Honorable mention to Herb Waters.

Seems the first team offensive line today is Bakhtiari - Patrick - Day - McCray - Pankey. I wouldn’t glean too much from this but semi interesting Pankey over Murphy/Bell at RT.
I've said it before...........Don't count Pankey out.

Geronimo Allison is having a really nice day.

Jaire Alexander with nice coverage on Adams.

Adams comes back & beats Alexander with a nice route next time.

J’Mon Moore watched a ball sail over him which he should have prob got his hands on and then double catches the next pass.

Jaire with great coverage and a diving pass breakup covering Jake Kumerow.

Josh Jackson bringing the pressure on a corner blitz for a “sack” on Brett Hundley.

Robert Tonyan showing off his hands on a quick pass from Hundley. A little explosion after the catch from the young tight end too.
Another player that I've mentioned. Ton's of athleticism (size and speed), but a QB that converted to WR and now to TE. With a little more time/seasoning he could become the real deal.

If early impressions are any indication, get used to seeing a lot of Rodgers to Jimmy Graham. Rodgers looks like he really enjoys his big new weapon on offense.

Also it’s way too early but watching a lot of Jaire Alexander and he’s been really inpressive all day.

And on queue Rodgers finds an open Graham for a td in the back of the end zone (Biegel in coverage) but this time Graham drops the sure td.

Whitehead and Alexander had Cobb bracketed. Whitehead on outside, Alexander on inside. Cobb hesitates outside, cuts inside and Alexander got a really quick view on just how fast Rodgers’ fast ball is. Rodgers rockets one into Cobb for the td as Alexander is a half step behind.

Valdes-Scantling is the WR of the three rookies standing out the most. He just made his 2nd td catch in team activities. Moore looks like he’s thinking a lot (not unusual for a rookie).

Appreciate you keeping us all in the loop RT.   thumbsup)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2018, 08:16:29 AM »
Tom Silverstein

Verified account

@TomSilverstein
Follow Follow @TomSilverstein
More
McCarthy on camp: 16 veterans have been excused. They deserve it where they are in their career. Second part is you only have so many reps. Veterans got most of the reps in OTA.

McCarthy: These guys need team reps, opportunity in the classroom to speak up and tailor the work to the young guys. When we get to training camp, the basics need to be ingrained.

McCarthy on Kizer and Hundley: Now it's time for those guys to get those reps. Important time, particularly for quarterbacks. We're throwing more than we have before.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2018, 08:19:54 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 2m2 minutes ago
More
McCarthy asked if #Packers S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is at minicamp: "You guys can take attendance. It's a mandatory minicamp, so things step up. But I feel really good about Ha Ha all the way through."

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2018, 10:00:26 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 5m5 minutes ago
More
As they’ve done in past, #Packers “select vet” group of players excused from minicamp consist of anyone with at least 6 years experience. That group: Rodgers, Crosby, Cobb, House, Williams, Matthews, Perry, Taylor, Bakhtiari, Bell, Bulaga, Daniels, Graham, Kendricks, Lewis, Mo W.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
Michael Cohen

Verified account

@Michael_Cohen13
Follow Follow @Michael_Cohen13
More
JK Scott is punting again today. He has some tremendous hang time on his kicks. It’s impressive so far. #Packers

Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
Follow Follow @ByRyanWood
More
Veteran #Packers CB Tramon Williams is participating in today’s open OTA session after missing last week’s voluntary practice.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2018, 10:27:37 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
 4m4 minutes ago
More
Brett Hundley hits EQ St. Brown, covered by Jaire Alexander, in back corner of end zone for TD to end 2-minute drill. Plus, Alexander called for PI. Hundley fired up with that completion.

Wes Hodkiewicz

Verified account

@WesHod
 5m5 minutes ago
More
Kizer throws a beautiful 44-yard pass to Kumerow who catches the over the shoulder pass in two minute #Packers

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2018, 11:40:36 AM »
Michael Cohen

Verified account

@Michael_Cohen13
More
DNP for the #Packers (injuries):

Trevor Davis (hamstring)
Josh Jones (ankle)
Jake Ryan (hamstring)
Kyler Fackrell (hamstring)
Geronimo Allison (ankle)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »
Michael Cohen

Verified account

@Michael_Cohen13
More
DNP for the #Packers (injuries):

Trevor Davis (hamstring)
Josh Jones (ankle)
Jake Ryan (hamstring)
Kyler Fackrell (hamstring)
Geronimo Allison (ankle)

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a rash of hamstring problems? It seems the training staff should be giving these guys an off-season regimen to follow to keep them more limber.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid