February 20, 2018, 01:11:14 PM

Author Topic: Josh McDaniels has elected to remain with the Patriots  (Read 203 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Josh McDaniels has elected to remain with the Patriots
« on: February 06, 2018, 07:02:28 PM »
This was a done deal for him to take the Colts job. I have nothing to back this up, but for the last month or so I have felt that Belicheck was very close to the end in NE. Is McDaniels the Patriots Head Coach in waiting? Seems that way.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Josh McDaniels has elected to remain with the Patriots
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:14:06 PM »
Belichick is going to be 66 in April. And I really believe if he'd won the SB, he would have retired. At the same time, he's made a couple of big decisions that seem really odd. Letting Garopolo go for a second round pick? Benching Butler for unknown reasons, and not putting him in when it became obvious the backups weren't getting the job done? Besides, the job has to be a grind. Having new players at multiple positions each year, teaching them the "Patriot way", all the expectations- the Pats are already favorites to make the SB next season- how long can he keep going? And how long will he want to keep going?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 10:34:33 PM »
What else will he do?
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 07:55:48 AM »
McDaniel better have some assurance he's the next NE HC.  What team is going to start negotiations with him after this last about face fiasco with Indy.  He must love New England, the last coach I'd want to follow is BB.  That's a tall order and how much longer do you have Brady?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:57:48 AM by The GM »

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 09:08:58 AM »
McDaniel better have some assurance he's the next NE HC.  What team is going to start negotiations with him after this last about face fiasco with Indy.  He must love New England, the last coach I'd want to follow is BB.  That's a tall order and how much longer do you have Brady?

Yea don't think another team will touch him.  He would have to succeed in New England as head coach for a team to give him a chance.  I

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:11:40 AM »
NE has had 18 years with a HOF QB, perhaps the best ever, and a HOF coach, certainly one of the top 3. They're going to lose them both in the next year or three. Perhaps they think they'll pick up another HOF QB in the 6th round. Good luck with that. I expect the next coach(s) of the pats will find they will be the ones paying for this unprecedented success.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 01:08:12 AM »

I'm wondering if BB is going to leave the Pats before the start of the 2019 season, due partly to the length of time he has been head coach, but more due to being double-teamed by the owner and Brady to keep him (Brady will be 41 before next season starts) over Garoppolo. I'm thinking he will go one more year with Brady who, at his age, could fall off a cliff any moment in his performance, then Belicheck leaves the Pats (probably with McDaniel as new HC) to deal with not having a credible replacement.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"