General Category > Rant and Vent

How good a coach is MM really?

(1/13) > >>

ebterp:
Listen he definitely deserves some credit for consistant play of this team over time but where would he be without Rodgers? If you take Rodgers and put him on any other team are they are a consistant playoff team and maybe even challenging for championships? I have to be honest and say that I am starting to believe MM is a average coach who lucked into an all world QB...just saying...

EB

ricky:

--- Quote from: ebterp on October 22, 2017, 04:44:31 PM ---Listen he definitely deserves some credit for consistant play of this team over time but where would he be without Rodgers? If you take Rodgers and put him on any other team are they are a consistant playoff team and maybe even challenging for championships? I have to be honest and say that I am starting to believe MM is a average coach who lucked into an all world QB...just saying...

EB

--- End quote ---

An old argument. Just ask Jerry Jones and the Cowboys of the '90's. Jimmy Johnson was just another coach. That team was so good, you could plug in any coach and they'd win. Well, they did win another SB under Switzer. And probably left another couple on the field.

Keep in mind that MM came in when Favre thought he ws bigger than the team, and was brought back to his senses and became a much better QB under MM. And, lets not forget that Rodgers was not that great a QB when he came out of Cal. He had some tools, but needed extensive work with his mechanics, strength and attitude before he blossomed. Maybe that happens with another coach. Maybe not. But to claim that "MM is an average coach who lucked into an all world QB" misses the process of how he became so good.

Pugger:
I don't have a problem with McCoach.  Capers is another story entirely.  I think he should "retire".  If we had even an average defense we had a chance today. 

golfman:

--- Quote from: Pugger on October 22, 2017, 05:52:36 PM ---I don't have a problem with McCoach.  Capers is another story entirely.  I think he should "retire".  If we had even an average defense we had a chance today.

--- End quote ---

Who keeps employing capers year after year?

ricky:

--- Quote from: golfman on October 22, 2017, 06:52:32 PM ---Who keeps employing capers year after year?

--- End quote ---

MM is considered two things that can be seen as negatives or positives. One, he is loyal. Two, he can be stubborn. In the case of Capers, this has led to a defense that has underperformed. Am I suggesting I know more than either of these guys about football? Absolutely not. But sometimes, looking from the outside, you can sometimes view things with more detatchment.

Also, if the rest of the organization really believed Capers was a problem, why hasn't MM been called into an executive meeting with TT, Murphy and others, and asked why he would keep Capers around? Don't the Packers do an performance analysis of all their personnel every year? I'm going to submit this question to Packers.com, and hopefully get an answer. If I do, I'll share it with everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version