June 18, 2018, 12:09:32 PM

Author Topic: Green Bay Packers: More Wisconsin Badgers on the Way in the 2018 NFL Draft?  (Read 553 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Watched Garret Dooley at the combine today, he moves much better than the online scouting reports give him credit for. Wouldn't mind picking him up late in the draft. Would probably be an excellent special teamer if nothing else.

Offline Bob Fox

• All Pro
Indeed, RT. Leon Jacobs also had an excellent workout at the combine.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/leon-jacobs?id=32462018-0002-5599-36c5-f1746f05c67c

Offline RT

• HOF Member
With the Packers adding Wilkerson and now Tramon Williams, it is clear that they want to add players with a little knowledge of the new defense. Makes me want to take a second look at all the Badgers in this draft from the defensive side of the ball.

Nick Nelson - CB  projects as a 3rd or 4th rounder. At 5'11" and 208 he has the size the Packers look for in a CB. Run 4.52/40 at the combine.
Leon Jacobs - EDGE projects as a 5th or 6th rounder. Ran a 4.48/40 and 4.44/ 20 yard shuttle. A late bloomer who is a little undersized at 6'3" and 230, can he add some weight and keep that speed?
Jack Cichy - ILB projects as a 6th or 7th rounder. Instincts are off the charts, BUT very concerning injury history. 6'2" and 234 may be a little undersized. All the Badgers fans would love to see this guy stay healthy and make it with the Packers.
Garret Dooley - EDGE projects as possibly a 7th rounder. This is a guy I would love to see the Packers take a flyer on. 6'3" and 246 has good size. Just a good football player, alway around the ball and seems to make a play most of the time. IMO would be an awesome special teamer.
Natrell Jamerson, Alec James and Conor Sheehy seem like they will be UDFA types who may be worth bringing in because of a system fit, but also some NFL level traits. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Could the Packers draft a Wisconsin Badger with the 1st pick in the 4th round two years in a row?

With the 1st pick in the 4th round the Green Bay Packers select.... CB Nick Nelson from Wisconsin!?!

Offline Bob Fox

• All Pro
You never know, RT. I did have the Pack taking Nick Nelson in Round 4 of my latest mock draft. But I had the Pack taking him with the comp pick.