October 22, 2018, 08:45:24 PM

Author Topic: Time to Trade Aaron  (Read 3588 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Time to Trade Aaron
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 02:51:16 PM »
Hear this AZ Cardinals:  Aaron Rodgers is virtually out the door in GB.  They will need to draft a QB in round 1 this year.  Better send a boatload of picks to GB, in order to move up one spot and pick Mayfield/Allen/Jackson/Rudolph/Rosen/Darnold ahead of GB.  Last chance.

In the middle of the slow news day drivel, that was well played Sir, well played!

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 03:31:12 PM »
ROdgers is just one shoulder hit away from retirement. 

If we give Rodgers $90m guaranteed and he wrecks his shoulder, we're gonna be a 3-5 win team for 4-6 years.

Oh well, I'm in KC now, I can be a Chiefs fan for a few years. It's a lot like GB here, except everything is red and yellow instead of green and yellow. Oh, and a bunch of royal blue 'cause the Royals, which is a hockey team or something like that. I never got clear.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 07:00:12 AM »
ROdgers is just one shoulder hit away from retirement. 

If we give Rodgers $90m guaranteed and he wrecks his shoulder, we're gonna be a 3-5 win team for 4-6 years.

Oh well, I'm in KC now, I can be a Chiefs fan for a few years. It's a lot like GB here, except everything is red and yellow instead of green and yellow. Oh, and a bunch of royal blue 'cause the Royals, which is a hockey team or something like that. I never got clear.

No!!!  Packer fan no matter what come hell or high water.  If we suck we suck but a Packer fan to the end I will be.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 07:37:39 AM »
This year taught me something: I'm still a packer fan, I wore packer stuff pretty much every day and still do, but I can't get all excited about watching them lose incompetently. Especially to the Queen's.

I frequently said to chiefs fans, "back in October I thought maybe the Superbowl would be chiefs and Packers. But then it turns out we both suck."
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »
Yes it sucks watching them lose.  I got used to it in the 70's and 80's.  The Pack was a joke then.  Still never missed a game.  Hate when they lose but have gotten worse now.  They set the bar high.  Back then you expected them to lose.  Some bad losses over the years but think that Seattle loss was probably the worst of my life.  Wouldn't talk to anyone for days.  4th and 21 fiasco and the loss at San Fran.  They are all bad.  Regardless I'll stick with them through thick and thin. 

Back to topic if we traded Aaron it would set the organization back for years.  Aaron is one of my all time favorite players.  Just hope both sides come together on a contract that makes Aaron happy but also protects the organization.  Don't think we need to do it right away.  Maybe an in season extension once he demonstrates he's back 100%.  He true to Aaron always says the right things.  Wants to retire a Packer and play into his 40's.  Proud to have him as the leader of the Pack.

We don't have anyone behind Aaron so we couldn't trade him anyway.  The Packers should be looking to draft his heir apparent when the opportunity arises.  A QB falls in their lap.  No need to rush it.  Think Aaron has 3-5 years left.  But if the Pack is lucky enough to have a potential franchise guy fall they need to draft him and groom him.  It might take a couple of swings to find the right guy.  So it should be something they are looking at very soon.  You want to have a guy waiting in the winds. NE had one in Garoppolo  then trade him away for peanuts.  Still don't understand that move. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 02:58:16 PM »
Yes it sucks watching them lose.  I got used to it in the 70's and 80's.  The Pack was a joke then.  Still never missed a game.  Hate when they lose but have gotten worse now.  They set the bar high.  Back then you expected them to lose.  Some bad losses over the years but think that Seattle loss was probably the worst of my life.  Wouldn't talk to anyone for days.  4th and 21 fiasco and the loss at San Fran.  They are all bad.  Regardless I'll stick with them through thick and thin. 

I also lived through that time. And there was a period of at least two years when I would only watch on an irregular basis. It was simply too painful, watching a team floundering, and wasting draft picks (Jerry Tagge with a #1?!?!) And seemingly the only coaches they would hire were former players. The "thug teams" aided and abbetted by Forrest Gregg were the worst. They were an embarrassment to the tradition of the team and what it stood for, i.e. "Packer people". Did I ever waver in my allegiance to the PAckers? Nope. But watching a trainwreck every week was simply too much. When your kicker (Chester Marcol) is the best player on the team, you know you've reached a new low. And then he also became a punchline in a continuing, unfunny joke. And definitely, get rid of Rodgers and the Packers are back there for the forseeable future.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid