June 21, 2018, 06:45:38 PM

Author Topic: Packers 1st draft choice  (Read 3648 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Packers 1st draft choice
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:18:40 AM »
A lot of options in the poll, but also a lot of options for the Packers. Should be a fun month ahead.

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
Re: Packers 1st draft choice
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 08:40:58 AM »
At the end of the day, I'd be fine with Davenport, Landry, Derwin James or Josh Jackson.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:20:13 AM »
At the end of the day, I'd be fine with Davenport, Landry, Derwin James or Josh Jackson.

Davenport and Lamar Jackson could be the wildcards in all of this. If one or both would make it into the top 12, James might end up in the Packers lap.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 11:19:38 AM »
Couldn't vote.  Really depends on who falls.  When picking this early have to go with BPA or trade down.  Yes CB or Edge would be preferable.  Nelson a G falls what do you do then?  Draft him...

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:30:59 PM »
Couldn't vote.  Really depends on who falls.  When picking this early have to go with BPA or trade down.  Yes CB or Edge would be preferable.  Nelson a G falls what do you do then?  Draft him...

Poll is setup so that you can change your vote up until the Packers make their pick.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 02:47:24 PM »
spot or two
Agree, I could see them going up 2 or 3 spots for James or Edmunds, but Vander Esch seems like such a Packer pick at 14.   If Gute doesn't move up from 14  I can see him coming back later into the round 1 for someone.   

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 09:07:08 AM »
spot or two
Agree, I could see them going up 2 or 3 spots for James or Edmunds, but Vander Esch seems like such a Packer pick at 14.   If Gute doesn't move up from 14  I can see him coming back later into the round 1 for someone.

Totally agree on Vander Esch. I've been locked in on him at #14 since the Combine. He can play inside/outside. It would let Pettine move CM3 and Vander Esch all around the LOS and create lots of confusion for opposing offenses.

Not sure Gute would spend the draft capital to move all the way from #45 back into the bottom of 1st round to get a player, but could definitely see him moving up in the 2nd Round to start Day 2 after they have had a chance to reset their draft board following the 1st Round/Day 1.

Odds are that someone who is 1st Round talent may have dropped to 2nd Round, and if Gute likes him enough, he may try to swing a deal.

Offering a player and a pick to move up might not be out of the question here either.

Offline Participant

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 07:38:04 PM »
The Packers at #14 will be getting a player that can help immediately I speculate. From this list, I think I like the freakish potential of Davenport over Vander Esch and Landry if they go with a pass rusher. But I tell ya, if Vita Vea is there, that would be very tempting. As Ted Thompson said, big, talented guys on the DL are hard to find. I seen him dominate in the middle on the run and have a push from the inside on the pass. He didn't get the sacks, but caused a bunch of hurries. Looked like he had a great motor as well.

No to Ridley at that point or Derwin James at #14.

Jackson, Ward, Alexander, Oliver or Hughes at CB would be fine as weil.

Harold Landry/EDGE/ Boston College
 Marcus Davenport/EDGE/UTSA
 Leighton Vander Esch/LB/Boise State
 Josh Jackson/CB/Iowa
 Da'Ron Payne/DL/ Alabama
 Vita Vea/DL/Washington
 Calvin Ridley/WR/Alabama
 Mike McGlinchey/OT/Notre Dame

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »
I didn't pick one guy out........but no to O linemen and DTs. I've seen Tremaine Edmunds fall off a bit recently. A fortnight ago I wouldn't have thought the Packers had any chance at him, now, it is just about possible. Him or any of the others (barring Payne, Vea, McGlinchey) would be ok. I'd be ok with Ridley in terms of skills, but with the big clump of round 2 WRs, a good one should fall to round 3. I'd also pick Connor Williams over McGlinchey, if I was determined to get an offensive tackle.

I still want to see the Packers move back in round one, and up in round two. For some reason (and it happens every year), there are guys in the first 10 picks of round two, I would really like to see the Packers get. This year it is a cornerback like Alexander, Oliver, Hughes, Davis, Jackson. One or two of those might become late first round picks, but there will still be good ones there.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »
Only 10 votes, I thought we had more active members than that.

One guy I believe is probably a strong possiblity at 14 in the first round is Da'Ron Payne. It may be an unthinkable pick for need based thinkers, but he is a very young (true JR) DT that still has a great upside. His performance in the National Championship Game was outstanding, he was a force.     

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 11:35:53 AM »
Personally I haven't done enough research yet to make an informed prediction.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »
Voted for Davenport.  Just went with the highest graded guy of the players on the list.  He'll likely be the pick if he is available to us at 14.  That is barring one of the elite prospects dropping in our lap.  1265 suggested trade down in 1 and trade up in 2.  It is a dream scenario if they could pull it off. 

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 12:48:06 PM »
I'm comfortable with a handful of prospects.  My preference is Jaire Alexander unless Tremaine Edmunds is there

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »
bump*

Inside of two weeks.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 06:01:49 AM »
4 DAYS TO GO!

Have you got your vote in? Only 17 votes, surely their are more users than that. The next 4 days will be filled rumors, imformation and misimformation. Should be fun to watch.