June 21, 2018, 06:41:55 PM

Author Topic: 2018 Draft tidbits  (Read 2325 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
2018 Draft tidbits
« on: April 09, 2018, 07:28:55 AM »
I thought I would start a thread for single pieces of information that people may want to share. Not everything is worthy of a new thread, but yet could be something many would fiind interesting. The first tidbit to get this kicked off is from Gil Brandt on MMQB today.

• Biggest surprise in the top 10: “[Notre Dame] tackle Mike McGlinchey. He’ll go in the top 10.”

Brandt, in following him through the year, doesn't say something like that unless a front office contact has dropped that info on him. He is usually good for 2-3 good totes before every draft.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:03:53 AM by RT »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: 2018 Draft tidbits
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »
This is funny, just when I give Gil some props.

Gil Brandt

Verified account

@Gil_Brandt
Follow Follow @Gil_Brandt
More
@SI_PeterKing I'm getting killed on Twitter. I didn't realize you were asking me a prediction for the top 10. I thought you asked what would surprise me most in top 10. I would be shocked if McGlinchey went in top 10. I wouldn't be shocked if he slid out of Round 1.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 06:41:15 PM »
@SEMOfootball LB Kendall Donnerson (6-3, 249) worked out in front of 5 teams, ran 40 in 4.43 seconds, had 40 VJ, 10-11 BJ, 4.37 ss, 7.06 3cn, 20 lifts. With numbers like those, he has chance to get drafted.

The Packers were one of the 5 teams at Southeast Missouri for his workout.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 07:44:53 PM »
A good link for anyone wanting to deepdive into some 3rd day of the draft guys.

http://nfldraftscout.com/brugler-no-combine-no-problem-for-these-35/

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:22:40 PM »

Tony Pauline
@TonyPauline
 Nico Falah/OL/USC, who spent time with the Packers during pro day as we initially reported, is in Green Bay today for an official 30 visit. We presently grade Falah as a 6th/7th rnd prospect http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-usc

I know Pauline has him rated as a 6th/7th round prospect, but this is a UDFA recruitment visit for the Packers. A player that they like his tape, but has a limited skillset and average to poor workout numbers. Good camp OLineman for the 90 man roster.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 06:28:12 AM »
@SEMOfootball LB Kendall Donnerson (6-3, 249) worked out in front of 5 teams, ran 40 in 4.43 seconds, had 40 VJ, 10-11 BJ, 4.37 ss, 7.06 3cn, 20 lifts. With numbers like those, he has chance to get drafted.

Since he is likely to be a 6th or 7th round pick, he is the perfect kind of guy to take a punt on late. Tremendous 4.44 40 time at 250 lb and his standing high/long jumps show he has explosion. His production was solid as well, albeit at a small school. Some have him at 6'2" instead of 6'3", but that is nitpicking. I think he has a good chance of being a Packer.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 01:34:19 PM »

Tony Pauline
@TonyPauline
 Nico Falah/OL/USC, who spent time with the Packers during pro day as we initially reported, is in Green Bay today for an official 30 visit. We presently grade Falah as a 6th/7th rnd prospect http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-usc

I know Pauline has him rated as a 6th/7th round prospect, but this is a UDFA recruitment visit for the Packers. A player that they like his tape, but has a limited skillset and average to poor workout numbers. Good camp OLineman for the 90 man roster.

I read that he's position flexible.

Center/Guard, and even played a little OT.

But, agree.............priority udfa.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »
Another TT type DB making a UDFA recruitment visit.

Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet
More
More noteworthy visits: #Miami speedy RB Mark Walton is visiting the #Giants today ... Arizona’s versatile DB Dane Cruikshank is visiting with the #Rams today, then he has #Packers and #Lions this week. Random: He actually picked off both Rosen & Darnold last season.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 11:18:46 AM »
Probably another recruitment visit. A lot of Badgers coming in and out of GB during this draft proccess.

Tony Pauline

@TonyPauline
Follow Follow @TonyPauline
More
Safety/Special teams ace Natrell Jamerson of Wisconsin is in Green Bay today for an official 30 visit with the Packers.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 01:55:37 PM »

Another recruitment visit.

Ben Fennell Retweeted

Zach Kruse

Verified account

@zachkruse2
 33m33 minutes ago
More
Can confirm that SE Missouri State edge rusher Kendall Donnerson had an official pre-draft visit with the #Packers.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 01:34:04 PM »
OT Korey Cunningham from Cincinnati is a player who probably fits the Packers. At 6-foot-5 and 311 pounds, Cunningham showed off his athleticism at his pro day as he amassed a 4.90-second 40-yard dash, a 1.75-second 10-yard split, 35.5-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-11 inch broad jump.

The Packers have been kicking the tires on a fair number of the late round/UDFA types and Cunningham fits that bill. He is raw, but their is a lot to work with there. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »
OT Korey Cunningham from Cincinnati is a player who probably fits the Packers. At 6-foot-5 and 311 pounds, Cunningham showed off his athleticism at his pro day as he amassed a 4.90-second 40-yard dash, a 1.75-second 10-yard split, 35.5-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-11 inch broad jump.

The Packers have been kicking the tires on a fair number of the late round/UDFA types and Cunningham fits that bill. He is raw, but their is a lot to work with there.

Perfect kind of player to develop. Quite the vertical for a guy his size. Explosive!

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 05:47:19 AM »
If we don't use some of our picks to move up, some ol worth taking are Corbett from Nevada, can play c, g, or t, four year starter another JC Tretter.  OThers, Quisenberry C from UCLA, Bozeman, C,G from Alaabama and Brett Toth from Army.  I might be in thee minority and think Linsley has major problems with big dt's and getting to thee second level.  COrbett has been rising on the draft board, Bozeman and Quisenberry are rd 5-7.  TOth will not be available for two years.  FEw years back we drafted Mike Wahle who had an Military commitment and that worked out well. 

Injury and lack of depth at this position really hurt us last year!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 07:02:55 AM »
Agree that any of those would be a good Packer. Don't think the Packers will get a shot at Corbett unless they want to spend a very high pick on him. This is from Tony Pauline and his interview with scouts. The biggest riser on the interior? Austin Corbett of Nevada. Multiple sources believe Corbett will be off the board during the first dozen picks of the second round. Scott Quessenberry is one of the few interior OLineman that tested on the plus side of all the Packers benchmarks, like him. I have been pushing for the Toth pick also for awhile, would make a great late round pick and stash. As for Bozeman, I think the Packers think Nico Falah from USC is a better version of Bozeman, they spent time with Falah at his pro-day and used one of their 30 visits to bring him to GB. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 07:39:21 AM »
Josh Norris

Verified account

@JoshNorris
 45m45 minutes ago
More Josh Norris Retweeted Bears Talk
The best pass rusher in this class at winning in his first three steps is Harold Landry.

Seems to be a common theme.