June 21, 2018, 12:52:12 PM

Author Topic: April 26 Day 1 Discussions  (Read 1913 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
April 26 Day 1 Discussions
« on: April 10, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »
This thread will be open on Thursday April 26.

The 2018 NFL draft will take place over three days from April 26-28. The first round will begin at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 26. The second round begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, April 27, and the third round will take place on the same day. The fourth through seventh rounds start at noon ET on Saturday, April 28.

FOX will broadcast only rounds 1 through 3, but ESPN and NFL Network will carry all seven rounds of the draft throughout the three days.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:51:27 AM by LMG »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Re: April 26 Day 1 Discussions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 07:17:15 AM »
Open for Draft Day 1 discussion.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 07:26:56 AM »
First

Harold Landry, Boston College
Marcus Davenport, UTSA
Leighton Vander Esch, Boise St.

Has to be one of those three at 14, doesn't it?

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 07:56:12 AM »
Fitzpatrick
Alexander
Davenport
Vea
Payne
McGlinchey guy just screams Packers.  With report of Packers asking for a Bulaga pay cut decided to add him.

That's if no big surprise fallers.  Edmunds, Smith, or Ward.  Have been saying don't think Landry has the value at 14 not sure he'll even get drafted in the 1st round.  LVE has a medical which has been disputed but regardless think he'll fall. 

Who do I want?  Ward, James, Edmunds, or Smith.  Hope one of those guys falls in our laps.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »
Can I just say this early in the thread--- I really hope people don't ruin the television broadcast by following twitter and trying to be the 1st to post the Pack pick in this forum.   You get -0- points for being 1st to post the pick and significant negative points for ruining draft coverage.

Feel free to forward this to any "reporters" you know -- don't f...er..."mess" up the draft broadcast

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »
Can I just say this early in the thread--- I really hope people don't ruin the television broadcast by following twitter and trying to be the 1st to post the Pack pick in this forum.   You get -0- points for being 1st to post the pick and significant negative points for ruining draft coverage.

Feel free to forward this to any "reporters" you know -- don't f...er..."mess" up the draft broadcast

Agree, but I think I will just watch the broadcast from about the 12 pick on.......if the Packers stay at 14.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »
Rumor is the Browns wants to tradeout of 4 overall, with Joe Thomas retired it is reported they would like to land Mike McGlinchey. If they stay at 4 and draft another player and then call the Packers and offer them picks 33 and 35 for the Packers 14th so they can draft McGlinchey if he is still there. Should they take that deal?

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 12:33:34 PM »
In terms of the Packers trading up, it really depends on that Top 5 and how many QB's go. Personally, I see 3 QB's going in the Top 5 and probably a 4th before we get to Pick 8. If some team is hot for McGlinchey or Connor Williams and trades up, that just lessens my desire for the Pack to trade up. A good defensive player WILL be available at 14 in that scenario.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 01:10:27 PM »
I'll be at the draft in Packer's section row 3. I really think it will be an exciting night. My wife grew up in Cleveland so she's also excited.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »
I'll be at the draft in Packer's section row 3. I really think it will be an exciting night. My wife grew up in Cleveland so she's also excited.

That is awesome, do you have a sign so that we can watch for you when they show the Packers section?

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 03:26:45 PM »
Rumor is the Browns wants to tradeout of 4 overall, with Joe Thomas retired it is reported they would like to land Mike McGlinchey. If they stay at 4 and draft another player and then call the Packers and offer them picks 33 and 35 for the Packers 14th so they can draft McGlinchey if he is still there. Should they take that deal?

1130 value for 1100.  Tough call really.  Depends on who is there at 14.  Maybe have them swap 3rd rounders with us as part of the trade.  Sweeten it up a bit.  That is dropping back quite a bit though.  We won't get that impact player.  Above my pay grade that's a tough call.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 04:39:50 PM »

1130 value for 1100.  Tough call really.  Depends on who is there at 14.  Maybe have them swap 3rd rounders with us as part of the trade.  Sweeten it up a bit.  That is dropping back quite a bit though.  We won't get that impact player.  Above my pay grade that's a tough call.

Thing is scoremore, they don't have to stay at 33 and 35. The Ravens, Seahawks, Titans all are openly advertising that they want to trade back. The Packers could turn right back around and trade 35 and 45 for 16 with the Ravens and maybe still pick the player they were going to pick at 14. And still have the first pick on the 2nd day (33).

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »
Matt Miller

Verified account

@nfldraftscout
Follow Follow @nfldraftscout
More
#PAckers are definitely trying to move up and I've heard from multiple sources it's Minkah Fitzpatrick they want.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »
I'm just going to sit back and chill.

Whatever happens..................happens.

Go Pack Go!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 04:51:06 PM »
I'm just going to sit back and chill.

Whatever happens..................happens.

Go Pack Go!

It's a good feeling to know that whoever it is, they are going to get an excellent player.