June 21, 2018, 12:47:23 PM

Author Topic: Mock Draft de Queso  (Read 478 times)

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
Mock Draft de Queso
« on: April 12, 2018, 03:58:43 PM »
LOL, just goofing on Fanspeak (5 rounds). Personally, I would love this draft:

R1-14 - Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Boise St.

R2-45 - Isaiah Oliver - CB - Colorado

R3-76 - Anthony Miller - WR - Memphis

R4-101 - Uchenna Nwosu - Edge - USC

R4-133 - Dalton Schultz - TE - Stanford

R5-138 - Joseph Noteboom - OL - TCU

R5-172 - Parry Nickerson - CB - Tulane

R5-174 - Godwin Igwebuike - S - Northwestern

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Mock Draft de Queso
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 05:16:44 PM »
OK, so they make some trades, giving up four draft picks along the way? Could you tell us what those trades are, because I really don't feel like doing it muyself.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:53:43 PM »
OK, so they make some trades, giving up four draft picks along the way? Could you tell us what those trades are, because I really don't feel like doing it muyself.

No trades ricky, he just did a mock without including the 6th and 7th rounds.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »

No trades ricky, he just did a mock without including the 6th and 7th rounds.

:-[ :-X :( :( In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!" Thanks for the explanation/correction.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:06:45 AM »
Very nice draft there, WTX_Cheese. You addressed OLB, WR, CB, TE, OL, which are all needed. You double-dipped at LB (with Nwosu), which is prudent as Vander Esch is an ILB that might be good on the outside. You also doubled on CB with a developmental guy, which is neat. I like a pick at safety as well. You went for a smooth talented guy at WR, over a huge one (like Sutton, St.Brown, Ateman), which is fine by me.

For the later picks (6-7th), how about one of two WR burners. Justin Watson (Penn St.) 6'3", 225, 4.39 40. Or, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, the runner bean  :D (thanks to Danno for that one) 6'5", 205, 4.37 40.
Then for the O line there is USC's Nico Falah and  Hawaii's Dejon Allen, both have gathered a fair bit of interest from the Packers.
They also have had Wisconsin ILB Jack Cichy in for  visit.
I'd also like a QB added. My personal favourite Mike White, is probably gone, but he's worth a punt if he is still on the board in the 6th.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:08:09 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:31:46 AM »
Thanks for the comments! The top 3 picks especially are my new "dream scenario".

My latest draft crush (changes weekly, tbh) is Vander Esch and if you doubt him, watch his Bowl Game vs. Oregon! I think he's very much worth the 14th pick and could really contribute (short term and long term) to our Front 7.

I think we HAVE to double dip at Corner and possibly grab a Safety too.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 10:39:58 AM »
Thanks for the comments! The top 3 picks especially are my new "dream scenario".

My latest draft crush (changes weekly, tbh) is Vander Esch and if you doubt him, watch his Bowl Game vs. Oregon! I think he's very much worth the 14th pick and could really contribute (short term and long term) to our Front 7.

I think we HAVE to double dip at Corner and possibly grab a Safety too.

It was that Oregon game that had my eyes on stalks - he was a beast there - so much so that one of the commentators said he was fed up with saying VDE was the tackler, and for the rest of the game he would only tell you when someone else was first to the ball)   thumbsup) .  He was joking, but you get the point.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"