October 18, 2018, 10:38:37 AM

Author Topic: Only full mock  (Read 484 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Only full mock
« on: April 25, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »
This is put together as how I believe the Packers will draft and not who I hope they draft. Mainly because whoever they take is perfectly fine with me.

1-(14)  Harold Landry, Boston College - No secret here, I have thought he is the Packers number one desire for awhile now.
If it is not Landry, Marcus Davenport, UTSA or Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State is probably the choice.

2-(45)   Michael Gallup, Colorado State - I realize that this is probably not a popular pick here, but this guy has Packer type of WR stamped allover him. He is an Adams clone with a Dez Bryant attitude in a good way. The Packers may get away with a small trade down before taking him.
DJ Chark, LSU could also be an option here. Packers Director of College Scouting, Jon-Eric Sullivan's father is the WR's coach at LSU, they should know everything their is to know on Chark.
If Isaiah Oliver, Colorado slid to them, he also would be a strong option there.

3-(76)  B.J. Hill, North Carolina St.  - I went back and forth on this pick, but the value is just to good to pass up. Wilkerson is on a one year rental and with a year to learn the defense, Hill should be ready to step-in and replace a big contract without a setback in play.
TE could be an option here also and Mark Andrews, Oklahoma might be the perfect guy to learn behind Graham for a year or two.

4-(101) Jack Cichy, Wisconsin  - Couldn't help myself with this pick. This would make a good fit in the Packers new defense, it would also make third year in a row that a Badgers LBer was the 1st pick on day 3 of the draft.
LB Oren Burks, Vanderbilt could also be the pick here, would be an replacement and upgrade to Joe Thomas as a nickel LBer.

4- (133)  Joseph Noteboom, TCU - With the Packers amazing record with 4th round OL, it only seems like the natural thing to do and take the best OL that fits their type that is still available.

5- (138) Daurice Fountain, Northern Iowa - Another young WR that can be groomed to replace Cobb who is in a contract year. Tested very well. Madison native.

5- (172) Hercules Mata'afa, Washington St. - A little bit of a misfit who was a DT in college and will probably be a edge player in the NFL. But their is some like history here, when Pettine was with the Ravens he converted a college DT to play on the edge, that player was Adalius Thomas and that worked out pretty well for everyone.

5- (174) Troy Fumagalli, Wisconsin - Seems like Fumagalli to the Packers is a fairly popular pick in mocks allover the web. But they need a TE, they have shown interest in him and their are not many left that fit what they look for in a TE.

6- (186) Nick Nelson, Wisconsin  - Not sure if his new injury will push him down this far or not, thought he was a 4th rounder before his surgery. Tested very well before the injury and is a match for the Packers. Could be back for the start of the season.

6- (207) Tanner Carew, Oregon - Many will view this as a wasted pick, but it is time for the Packers to stablize the long snapper position. Too many players coming and going last year and too many bad snaps for an NFL team. The Bears are also interest in him at they pick at the top of the 7th round, that is why I'm using a late 6th on him.

7- (232)  Siran Neal, Jacksonville State - Height/weight guy from a lower level school. Packers have shown a lot of interest in him, probably will not make it to UDFA. If the Packers really want him they probably need to spend the pick.

7- (239)  Andrew Vollert, Weber State - Spending the last pick on a highly productive college TE that has shown the ability to be a big playmaker in the center of the field.     

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: Only full mock
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 06:02:35 AM »
Would like to see more CBs earlier.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:35:31 AM »
Would like to see more CBs earlier.

Lol, I would of bet money that was going to be the first thing someone would point out, Hands.

I don't know anything more than the next guy, but I'm not sure the Packers have the same urgent feeling fans do with the CB position. This is another place I may be miss reading their actions, but like last year and fans felt that the Packers needed to draft OL and the Packers didn't draft an OL until the 6th round. Last year they only signed Evans to help out on the line, but little known to the fans the Packers had a number of young unknown guys they were confident in. I believe it may well be the case with the CB group this season. They signed Williams and House to help tutor these young guys with more upside than fans realize.

Now with all that said, if someone falls in their lap and is the BPA they still add more players to the mix. Just don't expect them to chase.

Offline bmaafi

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »
Love Landry, Gallup, and Hercules. I see Gallup as James Jones but with more athleticism and upside.