October 15, 2018, 05:20:02 PM

Author Topic: Pick #138, Cole Madison, OT, Washington State  (Read 493 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Pick #138, Cole Madison, OT, Washington State
« on: April 28, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »

Bio:
Four-year starter at right tackle who earned Second Team All-Pac-12 honors as a senior. Named Honorable Mention All-Pac-12 in 2015 and 2016. Started eight games as a redshirt freshman.

Pos:
Hard-working blocker with possibilities at a number of offensive line positions. Stays square, makes outstanding use of angles and keeps defenders in front of him. Quickly gets off the snap, keeps his feet moving and displays solid lateral range in pass protection. Blocks with leverage and proper pad level and anchors at the point.

Neg:
Must be more consistent with his hand placement. More of a position blocker than a true mauler. Average athlete.

Analysis:
Madison was a hard-working right tackle who got the most from his ability. He offers possibilities as a backup right tackle and will also get consideration inside at guard.

Projected Round 6

Tony Pauline - DraftAnalyst.com

Madison (6-5, 308) started 13 games each of the last three years at right tackle for Washington State, but he could project to guard in the NFL. He earned honorable mention All-Pac-12 recognition in 2015 and 2016 before getting named second-team all-conference last season.

Packers.com

Pre-Draft Analysis

Highly efficient in pass protection, Madison is light on his feet with very good lateral agility to mirror, but is not as effective as a run-blocker. He could convert to guard but will need to get stronger to anchor against NFL pass-rushers.

ESPN

Cole Madison was introduced as a tackle, but I think he may have to play guard.

That makes more sense, as Green Bay had to bolster its interior protection. I like this pick a lot, as I could see a scenario in which Madison starts as a rookie.

Grade A-

Walter Football
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:54:40 PM by LMG »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Pick #138, Cole Madison, OT, Washington State
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »
I had him in one of my early mocks this year (never posted it though).

They are talking about him at OG, but he was a solid OT for WSU.

Much the same was said about Bakhtiari coming out of the draft. Time will tell.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Pick #138, Cole Madison, OT, Washington State
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 07:49:31 PM »
Madison went to HS about 30 minutes from me.  I have a friend, whose friend's niece dated him once upon a time.  Said he was a great guy and a nice kid.   Yes, I know, its not the scouting report you were looking for.   Just passing it along. lol.