August 18, 2019, 08:37:39 PM

Author Topic: Your RB pick at #26?  (Read 2768 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Your RB pick at #26?
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:35:23 PM »
If RB is your wish at #26 who, of the following, would you want if available and why?

Eddie Lacy - Alabama

Montee Ball - Wisconsin

Giovani Bernard - North Carolina

LeƕVeon Bell -Michigan St.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline ramrod

• Starter
Re: Your RB pick at #26?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »
Right now I would say Bernard. He would be the closest thing to being drafted in the first round. I am not really a fan of Lacy. He ran behind a pretty good line at Alabama. I could see Ball, but only as a second rounder. Lattimore I would love if he were around in the 4rth.

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »
none..   I wouldnt draft any RB in the 1st this year.  I would be a completed wasted pick. 

Bernard if hes there in the 2nd i would jump all over him.  he is my fav of the 4 listed. 

Not really a fan of Lacy or Bell.  Maybe Lacy in the the 3rd   Ball in the 4th. 

50PoundHead

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:35:15 PM »
They'd all be reaches at #26, but I guess I'm in the minority on Lacy.  If his leg is fine, I think he's the best of the RBs this year.

Offline pacman5252

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »
I'd go 1a/b Bernard/Lacy. I think Bernard has that scat/quickness a Packer running back hasn't had since before I started watching them ('94). I think him and Green (more of a pure bruiser) could work.... and Lacy has that quickness/physical style/build similar to a Jones Drew/Rice.

I'm really not a huge Ball fan  in the NFL. Does anyone else think he hesitates too much, isn't explosive enough, or doesn't run with enough power to be a star NFL back?

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 05:40:02 AM »
I think you should include Jonathan Franklin from UCLA.  He's been climbing up the draft boards recently so he might be worth keeping an eye on.  He had 1,700 rushing yards and 33 receptions last year so definitely seems like a fit for us.  I saw him play a few times last year when he came to play in Arizona and he's extremely talented.  Unfortunately he was projected to be a 4th rounder all the way until last month so I think it might be tough to get him unless we use a 2nd round pick on him.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:58:14 AM »
If I HAD to pick it would be probably be Benard at this point.  I'm a little concerned about Lacey's lack of workouts.  I think Bell and Ball could be had with 3rd or 4th rounf picks at this point.
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
IF taking a RB in 1st than I'd vote for Lacy.  Great build, good in the trenches, between the tackles.  Seems like a good bet to get positive yardage on each carry yet enough speed to get the occasional big game.   His current hamstring troubles sort of undermines my next point but I see him as much less of an injury risk than a player like Bernard.  If both were coming out the same year I would have preferred LaMichael James to Bernard and he went in the 3rd I think.   Anyone should be an upgrade over Starks.

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
I wouldn't draft an RB @ 26 unless it was an Adrian Peterson type of player, but hold a gun to my head and I'd say Lacy. I like Ball too, but he's had A LOT of mileage in college.

Offline mitch connor

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 08:59:26 PM »
No RB in this class is worth a 1st, IMO, but I like Lacy and Bernard the best.

57packer

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:44 PM »
I'd skip on all of them in Rd 1, but if pushed to pick one I'd go with Lacy.  The biggest potential to be a game changing workhorse back.  Ball has the chance to be steady if not spectacular.  Bell is just a straight line guy.  I like Bernard, but not enough for Rd 1.