November 23, 2020, 10:37:17 AM

Author Topic: Mock #3  (Read 3634 times)

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
Mock #3
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:44:48 AM »
This mock includes a small trade down to assure Jacksonville gets a qb that falls a bit.  Jacksonville gives GB pick 33 and pick 98 (1st pick of 4th) for pick 26.  Jacksonville moves up to take Matt Barkley from USC. 

33) Jesse Williams NT Alabama.  6'4 323# Williams doesn't offer much in terms of pass rush but he is excellent against the run.  It just so happens the Packers could use some slight improvement there. 

55) Khasseem Green LB Rutgers. 6'1 241# This may depend on whether he can play ILB but Green is an animal.  136 tackles, 6 ff, 12 TFL etc... He makes plays all over the field.  Not a liability against the pass either.

88) Brian Schwenke OC California 6'3 314# Quick, athletic and strong.  Can play in just about any scheme.  Could start at center from day 1.

98) Christine Michael RB Texas A&M 5'10 220# I peg Michael as one of those college kids that was more hidden than exposed in college.  He will probably be a much better pro.  He crushed the combine.  Sleeping through a couple of interviews will not drop him.

122)  Dion Sims TE Michigan St. 6'5 262# While Sims is not a deep threat he does have receiving ability.  What he really brings is blocking.  He is a huge upgrade to Crabtree in a jumbo TE set.  He also has good speed for his size.

159) Josh Boyce WR TCU. 5'11, 205# Boyce is a burner (4.38) and will compete for a spot in our WR core.  66 catches for 891 yds.  He is only a junior.

167) Earl Wolff Safety, NC State.  6'0 207#.  Wolf is an underrated safety that has good speed (4.44) and is a very good tackler.  Over the past 2 years he's totaled 224 tackles.  He had a very good East West Shrine game which raised his stock a bit.

193) Travis Long OLB Wash St. 6'3 256#.  Played in the 3-4 in college.  Decent speed and strength.  Shown the ability to get to the passer with 9.5 sacks and 13 TFL.  Provides some depth at the position

232) Micah Hyde CB Iowa. 6'0 197#  While Hyde is not a burner he is a good corner with lots of experience.  A decent tackler who can make plays on the ball (14 break ups this season). 

There, that was fun.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Mock #3
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:15:50 AM »
I like most of your draft.
 I'd prefer to switch picks 1 and two around (going LB, DT), trading down a little from #26, getting OLB Arthur Brown, followed by DT Brandon Williams. Lindy's was pretty dismissive of Khaseem Greene (pumped up safety who plays small and hesitant in the box), but scouts have totally opposite views on many guys. I wouldn't mind Jesse Williams, but Brandon Williams (6'2", 341, Missouri Southern) makes more splash plays and we do need those, on defense.

I don't hate on TE Sims, he is one big dude for a TE, and being a hoops player helps him, but I'd go with the shorter and lighter Kyle Juszczk (Harvard).

I like Schwenke, Michael and especially OLB Travis Long, who is a guy who knows what he is doing on the field, is tough, savvy, with a no-quit motor and good height/weight for a 3-4 OLB. An early and a late pick at OLB is also a good idea, we are very thin there.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:18:12 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:23:38 AM »
Worth mentioning that Long is coming of an ACL (injured in  November).
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline House

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »
If NT is the pick at 33, Id be concerned that neither of the Williams will be there.. How about this??

C-    Barrett Jones @ #33
ILB- Arthur Brown @ #55
RB-  Stepfan Taylor/Christine Michaels @ #88
NT-  Kwame Geathers @ #98

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »
If NT is the pick at 33, Id be concerned that neither of the Williams will be there.. How about this??

ILB- Arthur Brown @ #55

- I love Jones but he has 2nd/3rd round rating on most sites due to injury issues. 
- Everybody LOVES Arthur Brown all of a sudden.  He will not be there I don't think.
- I think 88 is too early for Taylor since he ran a blistering 4.71 40 but who knows.
- Fine with Geathers in the 4th or 5th.  I actually am not a huge fan of an NT in the 1st but I tried something different this time.

Offline House

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 01:49:50 PM »

ILB- Arthur Brown @ #55

- I love Jones but he has 2nd/3rd round rating on most sites due to injury issues. 
- Everybody LOVES Arthur Brown all of a sudden.  He will not be there I don't think.
- I think 88 is too early for Taylor since he ran a blistering 4.71 40 but who knows.
- Fine with Geathers in the 4th or 5th.  I actually am not a huge fan of an NT in the 1st but I tried something different this time.
Ya I think Taylors speed is crazy, his tape didnt look that pedestrian but agreed, who knows..
Im just concerned with NOT getting a OLB early, Id rather see a DT/DE later.. Didnt like the Perry pick last year and still dont!!

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:32:09 AM »
IMO Barkley isn't first round material but with Jax ya never know.   ;)

Offline Ptpaq

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 08:29:39 PM »
Pretty good,

Jesse Williams is a beast and he can play any position on the line for us.

Greene can really fly around and i think he could get in and find a role on 3rd down but I'm not so sure of the investment of a 2nd round pick when you throw in his health concerns. I like him though and won't be mad with it.

I LOVE Christine Michael he is going to be awesome!

Dion Sims is cool but I just wish he had more production.

Rest of the picks fill pretty good needs, don't know much about a few of them.