August 19, 2019, 11:37:42 AM

Author Topic: Dubz 1.0  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Dubz41

• All Pro
  • Government Cheese
Dubz 1.0
« on: April 11, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
This year is most difficult to anticipate.  Everyone's rankings are all over the place.
We need speed and attitude on defense. I don't think TT is going to take a safety because there aren't any standouts to make a difference.  We took our Mulligan so we don't draft a TE either.

Double dip at WR and DL.  Here goes:

1- Datone Jones DE  UCLA  Between him and Perry on the left side we should be ok.
2- DaRick Rogers WR  TennTech  Size, hands and maybe has #1 talent.  Worth the risk here.
3- Brian Schwenke C  Cal   Played guard in college before moving to C.  Just might start.
4- Zavier Gooden OLB Mizz  Combine star, but tape doesn't match numbers.  3rd down cover LB
5- TJ Barnes  NT  Ga Tech   6'6" 360  Nice rotational player gives BJ and Pickett a breather
5c- Dennis Johnson RB  Ark  5'9" 213  Compact, quick with good hands.  Also returns kicks.
6- Jasper Collins WR  Mt Union  6' 190 Crafty, fast and good routes-Walters  Senior year 92 catches, 1694 yds and 22 TDs.  We are restocked at WR.
7- Kapron Lewis-Moore  DT  NDame Captain of defense, great intangibles, knee injury in Alabama game.  Might have to sit first year, but more return in long run from a 7th round pick.

An extra pick in the second day would help alot.  Hope we trade down.
It's not what he doesn't know that bothers me. It's what he knows for sure that just ain't so!-Will Rogers

Offline morango

• HOF Member
Re: Dubz 1.0
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
This year is most difficult to anticipate.  Everyone's rankings are all over the place.
We need speed and attitude on defense. I don't think TT is going to take a safety because there aren't any standouts to make a difference.  We took our Mulligan so we don't draft a TE either.

Double dip at WR and DL.  Here goes:

1- Datone Jones DE  UCLA  Between him and Perry on the left side we should be ok.
2- DaRick Rogers WR  TennTech  Size, hands and maybe has #1 talent.  Worth the risk here.
3- Brian Schwenke C  Cal   Played guard in college before moving to C.  Just might start.
4- Zavier Gooden OLB Mizz  Combine star, but tape doesn't match numbers.  3rd down cover LB
5- TJ Barnes  NT  Ga Tech   6'6" 360  Nice rotational player gives BJ and Pickett a breather
5c- Dennis Johnson RB  Ark  5'9" 213  Compact, quick with good hands.  Also returns kicks.
6- Jasper Collins WR  Mt Union  6' 190 Crafty, fast and good routes-Walters  Senior year 92 catches, 1694 yds and 22 TDs.  We are restocked at WR.
7- Kapron Lewis-Moore  DT  NDame Captain of defense, great intangibles, knee injury in Alabama game.  Might have to sit first year, but more return in long run from a 7th round pick.

An extra pick in the second day would help alot.  Hope we trade down.

Dubz I like just about everything in your draft. It's close enough to my thinking to reply pick by pick.

Rd 1) D. Jones is a pretty good choice here, but he'll play DE not OLB, and might be better for a 4-3. I think it's better than 50-50 that TT goes DL with this pick. Other possibilities IMO are Jesse Williams from Ala. and Sylvester Williams from NC.

Rd 2) I would be shocked if TT picked DaRick Rodgers here (or anywhere for that matter). He appears to be the kind of troubled diva that TT removes from his board completely. I am much more inclined towards a guy like Ryan Swope here, even though he doesn''t have all the physical gifts Rogers has.

Rd 3) Schwenke seems like good value here. What about the guard from IL, Thornton?

Rd 4) Rd 5a) I don't know much about Xavier Gooden or TJ Barnes.

Rd 5b) I LOVE your lick of Dennis Johnson, the bowling ball RB from Ark. I think he's going to be a good one.

Rd 6) Jasper Collins from Mt. Union!!! Yes!

Rd 7) Lewis-Moore is a great project pick.

Ultimately, only your selection of DaRick Rogers causes me any problems. All the rest are good. I also like you thoughts at the beginning and end of the post.

Bama Pack Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Dubz-
     Nice, like most of your picks.  I'm hoping for DL double dip and OLB depth too.  Really like Schwenke, but the Pack may go with Quessenberry.  Thought Johnson might go under the radar, but you've detected a good RB for the Pack IMO.    Two differences:  I'd go with a different WR in 2d (lot of good choices) and I think a Safety is needed.  BPF

Offline Dubz41

• All Pro
  • Government Cheese
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »
I'm sorry, didn't mean to imply Jones would play OLB.  I meant that him and Perry would line up next to each other on the left side.

I would be concerned about Rogers except that, He owned up to the problem, stayed clean his whole year at TennTech and he aced the interviews at the combine.  He would be a top three WR this year without the red flags.  He IS that good.

Tried to find a safety, but there is no reason to take one late since TT traded up to get McMillan last year.  Sure, I would have liked to get Eric Reid or Cyprien.  Maybe Wolff from NC St. late in the draft or else UFAs.

Schwenke is my favorite pick.  If you've caught a picture of him...he is ALL Packer.  Looks like Bulaga's cousin or something.  He can play guard if he needs to, but I feel he can come in and start.  That leaves EDS in his true spot- interior line back up!

Thanks for the replies.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:26:22 PM by Dubz41 »
It's not what he doesn't know that bothers me. It's what he knows for sure that just ain't so!-Will Rogers

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:44:12 PM »
I like Jones as well. I think he can add a dimension to our d-line that we've been missing.

Rogers has big time talent, but also big time risk. I'm not opposed to selecting him, but not in the 2nd. I'd say if we can get him in the 3rd at our pick 88 or later, I'm fine with it.

I agree that a selection at safety isn't absolutely necessary. We dont believe that we actually traded up for McMillian. I think we took him with our  own 4th rounder. We did trade up for Manning in the 5th.

Overall nice picks!

Offline Dubz41

• All Pro
  • Government Cheese
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »
I stand corrected.  Traded up for Manning in the 5th; Daniels and McMillan were compensatory picks in the fourth. twocents)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 11:52:21 AM »
I like the pick of Barnes but see very slim chance that TT drafts a player for the center position before 5th round. Unless it's Cooper and he's not falling.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline Dubz41

• All Pro
  • Government Cheese
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 06:49:18 PM »
yea, I know centers usually drop in the draft.  Schwenke can and did play guard in college though.  He could back up all three interior positions, but I feel he could start at center NOW.  That would relegate EDS to back up role and that strengthens our interior alot! twocents)