November 23, 2020, 11:35:02 AM

Author Topic: 66fan4life Mock #3 (and final)  (Read 2430 times)

Offline 66fan4life

• Rookie
66fan4life Mock #3 (and final)
« on: April 23, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »
As in my first mock draft, I am looking at a trade down with Buffalo.  I do not agree with some of the mocks that have them drafting Ryan Nassib with the 8th pick in the 1st round, when he could be drafted in the late 1st or early 2nd.  I feel that Buffalo could take whoever they felt was the top WR in the draft (either Tavon Austin or Cordalle Patterson) with the 8th pick.

My trade would be as follows:  Green Bay sends pick #26 (1st round) and pick #159 (5th round) to Buffalo in exchange for pick #41 (2nd round) and pick #71 (3rd round).

My draft would be as follows:

#41  Johnathon Hankins, DT, tOSU.  I debated between Hankins, Jesse Williams, and Margus Hunt, but decided on Hankins because of more upside potential.

#55  Quintin Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech.  Here it came down to Patton or Markus Wheaton.  Patton won out by a small margin.

#77  David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State.  Provides solid depth across the O-line with the potential to start at center.

#88  JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern

#122  David Bass, OLB, Missouri Western

#167  Kyle Juszcyk, FB, Harvard.  Kuhns eventual replacement and provides back up at TE in place of Taylor.

#193  Stephon Jefferson, RB, Nevada

#232  Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

Mock 53 man Roster

Offense
QB (2) Rodgers, Coleman
RB (3) Harris, Green, Starks
FB (2) Kuhn, Juszcyk
WR (5) Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Patton, Ross
TE (4) Finley, Quarless, Mulligan, DJ Williams
OT (5) Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Barclay, Datko
OG (2) Sitton, Lang
OC (2) Dietrich- Smith, Quessenberry

Defense
DL (7) Wilson, Raji, Pickett, Neal, Hankins, Daniels, Jolly
OLB (4)  Matthews, Perry, Moses, Bass
ILB (5) Hawk, Bishop, Jones, Smith, Manning
CB (5) Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush
S (4) Burnett, McMillian, Wilcox, Richardson

Speciallists
K (1) Crosby
P (1) Mashtay
LS (1) Goode

Offline Divot

• All Pro
Re: 66fan4life Mock #3 (and final)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 02:04:35 PM »
I like your draft a lot. 

When I look at the roster I still do not feel safe counting on Sherrod and Quarless.  I wouldn't think they would keep two FBs and think Kuhn is gone.  I don't think Jolly makes the team.  Boykin makes the team as a WR for sure.

Man we need some picks to really pan out (and the injured class from last year)

Offline 66fan4life

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
I like your draft a lot. 

When I look at the roster I still do not feel safe counting on Sherrod and Quarless.  I wouldn't think they would keep two FBs and think Kuhn is gone.  I don't think Jolly makes the team.  Boykin makes the team as a WR for sure.

Man we need some picks to really pan out (and the injured class from last year)
I agree on Sherrod and Quarless.  I think the draft will tell us the real status of both.  Have read about TT interest in Kyle Long, if he is picked at 26 or high 2nd round, I think Sherrod is thought to be done. 

I think Kuhn making the team (if we draft or sign a suitable replacement) is in question.  $2.5 million is a lot to pay a full back and that cap space could very well be used towards Rodger's new contract.

I am waiting to see on Jolly and chose Ross over Boykin because of his ability to return punts and kickoffs.  Maybe with only one full back, both would make the team.

The other thing that I do not take into consideration on my roster is that there are usually 2 or 3 undrafted free agents that make the team each year.  Can't wait for Thursday. :)

Offline griz145389

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:22:31 AM »
I like this draft, although I would go with Wheaton over Patton by a long shot.   Also do not like Wilcox in the third.  There are a lot more safety prospects that I believe project a lot better than he does.   Can't argue with the rest of it though, and would be happy if this is what we ended up with.