November 23, 2020, 11:52:22 AM

Author Topic: ESPN Blog Mock Draft 1st round  (Read 1927 times)

ATLPACK99

ESPN Blog Mock Draft 1st round
« on: April 23, 2013, 01:12:33 PM »
John Jenkins to Pack picked by Kevin Seifert.  Here's the entire first round-

Emily Schaible
Draft recap so far: 1. Kansas City: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M, 2. Jacksonville: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon, 3. Miami: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan; 4. Philadelphia, Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah; 5. Detroit: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma; 6. Cleveland: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama; 7. Arizona: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama; 8. Buffalo: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee; 9. NYJ: Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU; 10. Tennessee: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida; 11. San Diego: Jonathan Cooper, G, UNC; 12. Oakland: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU; 13. NYJ: Tavon Austin, WR, WVU; 14. Carolina: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri.; 15. New Orleans: Jarvis Jones, LB/DE, Georgia; 16. St. Louis: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas; 17. Pittsburgh: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame; 18. Dallas: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama; 19. NYG: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington; 20. Chicago: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia; 21. Cincinnati: John Cyprien, FS, FIU; 22. St. Louis: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee; 23. Minnesota: Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC; 24. Indianapolis: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State; 25. Minnesota: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston; 26. Green Bay: John Jenkins, DT, Georgia; 27. Houston: Keenan Allen, WR, Cal; 28. Denver: Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU; 29. New England: Robert Woods, WR, USC; 30. Atlanta: Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State; 31. San Fran: Eric Reid, S, LSU; 32. Baltimore: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

Each pick was done by the ESPN Blogger who represents that division, so Seifert made all the NFC North picks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:23:09 PM by ATLPACK99 »

Offline Divot

• All Pro
Re: ESPN Blog Mock Draft 1st round
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:58:59 PM »
What does everyone think of this pick?  Would this be a guy I should be hoping for?

(sorry, you guys/girls have much more knowledge than I do)

ATLPACK99

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 02:30:50 PM »
There were a lot of good players on the board at the time.  Most of the other Bloggers were going with OL Pugh for the pick.  Here is Seifert's explanation-

My pick: Georgia defensive tackle John Jenkins
Final decision: Between Jenkins, Syracuse offensive lineman Justin Pugh, Florida State offensive tackle Menelik Watson
Process and reasoning: The honest truth of the matter is that I was just guessing here. Congratulations to the Packers. No one ever knows for sure who a team is going to draft, but this year, no one really has anything more than a guess on the Packers. They appear to be interested in improving their defensive line, at least based on their limited activity in free agency, and Jenkins seemed the best of what was still remaining on the board. I don't mind saying he was even more of a guess than usual.

Offline Draft Hobbyist

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 02:41:17 PM »
John Jenkins would be a guy I would be happy with. Most seem to think he'll go at the bottom of the 2nd, and I think that would be a steal. I don't mind him in the 1st. He needs to improve on some technical things to get better against double teams, but he's lost something like 40 lbs since the end of the season. That shows a hard work ethic. He was a JUCO transfer and became the starter over Kwame Geathers. You'll see a lot of people call him a space eater (as an insult meaning he can't rush the passer), but he destroyed Chance Warmack for his only sack of the season, and he had 10 QB hurries in 2012. The last time I checked, 365 lb NT's that had 10 QB hurries is more than just a space eater. He played all along the DL in college and was suspended for the bowl game due to academics (something I'm not too worried about). He did have some stamina issues, but his weight reduction should help that. I like him.