October 18, 2019, 03:47:31 AM

Author Topic: Nose Tackle  (Read 1471 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Nose Tackle
« on: January 18, 2014, 07:34:19 AM »
If Green Bay was willing to offer Raji $8M this last off-season to stay, I'd rather have them make a run at Linval Joseph of the NYG's, put him in at NT, and modify the NT position to more of an attacking type position.

If you can push the pocket back to the QB, it will make the OLB's much more effective at pressuring/sacking the QB.

Joseph is the kind of NT that can do just that. Very active, quick, and powerful. In 2013 he had 59 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 FF.
At 25 years old, he might just be becoming that dominant player in the middle of the line.
I'd actually take this FA signing over a veteran Safety free agent.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

The Newark Star-Ledger thinks impending free agent DT Linval Joseph may have to take a team-friendly deal to return to the Giants.
Joseph made it clear he wants to re-sign with the Giants, but at 25 years old and coming off three solid seasons he's likely going to go to the highest bidder. The Giants have never really paid defensive tackles much coin in the past, and the Star-Ledger puts Joseph's chances of returning at 40 percent. Joseph will likely be seeking somewhere near $6 million annually on his next deal.

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
Re: Nose Tackle
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »
All I know is that they need one. I'mnit as down on Raji as most. He's a big, talented guy and the defense has not used him well for the past three seasons. He's a better fit inside, and yet he's played end with Pickett at nose (at least when they weren't in the stupid 2-4-5.) I'm still about 50/50 that he gets extended. TT has a history of taking care of his own.

That said, they must have a NT in the 3-4 defense. Joseph would be my 2nd choice with Solaia as my 3rd. They have to bring in a veteran. Maybe it's someone who gets cut unexpectedly.