August 23, 2019, 12:06:49 AM

Author Topic: Safety?  (Read 3994 times)

Offline ramrod

• Starter
Re: Safety?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 06:29:06 AM »
Not saying Thompson is going to do it, but my thinking also is that we need an established veteran next to Burnett. You put a rookie in there and nothing will change as I believe that Burnett is more a follower than a leader of men.
 Also am looking at different combinations of players and free agents to shore up the middle of the field. These three areas need to be addressed, nose tackle, middle linebacker, safety. So far I am leaning towards spending a little money on safety in free agency, drafting Ra'Shede Hageman, DE/DT, Minnesota in the first round, and then trading up for  Kyle Van Noy, DE/OLB, BYU. It depends on who the flavor of the week is on draft day. We may have to draft Van Noy with our first pick.
 A good free agent safety will cost money and make quite a few of our free agents expendible. I just don't see Thompson doing this.

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
Re: Safety?
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »
Agree with the vet idea. We're lost back there. Ryan Clark from PIT is the one that makes the most sense to me. Good schemefit. WonWon't cost TOO much. Could be signed short term (2 years). Still productive and is a smart, experienced player . Sign him and draft a prospect in the 3rd-4th round to compete.