August 20, 2019, 01:19:11 PM

Author Topic: hanging...  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
hanging...
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »
I have to say, I do not visit as often as I would like because of the issues with the "hanging" and slowness of the site in general. I suspect the back end databases are causing this. I go to a lot of sports sites and this is the only one I have issues with. Sometimes, I write nice long posts only to have it time out on me when I go to reply.... Actually, this post was a case in point. Too lazy to retype it all again...

I know, I should type it notepad first, then copy/paste it in but I forget after not having all the issues at other sites that I do here...

Anyway, any way to fix this? Is this an issue you are aware of? Or am I the only one having issues?

Thanks,
Beagle
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline BrianShetty

• HOF Member
Re: hanging...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:36:09 PM »
I have not noticed anything on the two different cpu's that I use
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
-Vince Lombardi

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:42:47 AM »
I have to say, I do not visit as often as I would like because of the issues with the "hanging" and slowness of the site in general. I suspect the back end databases are causing this. I go to a lot of sports sites and this is the only one I have issues with. Sometimes, I write nice long posts only to have it time out on me when I go to reply.... Actually, this post was a case in point. Too lazy to retype it all again...

I know, I should type it notepad first, then copy/paste it in but I forget after not having all the issues at other sites that I do here...

Anyway, any way to fix this? Is this an issue you are aware of? Or am I the only one having issues?

Thanks,
Beagle

We are/have not  been experiencing any server/database/software issues...at least that we are aware of.

If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Nobody

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 12:55:03 AM »
I very rarely post here, but browse many times a day, and just as a friendly FYI from one admin to another, there is no other site that I visit that even comes close to hanging as often and as badly as this one. Happens at all times of the day or night. I don't think it's your software, because it looks like you're running nice, clean code. 

I run Win8 and IE 9 or 10, and it often hangs so badly I typically click a link and then browse 2 or 3 other webpages while it loads. Then I come back here, read what I clicked on, click another one, then go browse 2 or 3 other pages while that one loads, etc. You getting a lot of bots, maybe?

In fact, it just happened a moment ago the first time I tried to post this. Lost the post, but fortunately had copied it to my clipboard before posting.

And again, a second time. Lost my post again, and pasted it from my clipboard....

OK, worked that time....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:55:46 AM by Nobody »

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »
Sorry Beagle and Nobody....can't duplicate on our end the 'hanging' issue you are having.

Offline Nobody

• Rookie
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 12:30:33 PM »
Yeah, that's always the problem with intermittent issues. It's almost impossible to track them down sometimes. Good luck with it, though!

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »
Good luck with it, though!

?????

Again nothing on our end indicates a slow down/hanging issue. With only 2 members out of 570+ mentioning this 'problem' just maybe the issue is on the other end. We are not spending valuable time looking for something that does not exist on our end.

Good luck with it.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »
I've had it happen to me on a couple occasions. I like to get my grammar right, vary my words, and write a good post. Sometimes your log on time just times out, and I'm 99% sure that is what you're experiencing.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »

?????

Again nothing on our end indicates a slow down/hanging issue. With only 2 members out of 570+ mentioning this 'problem' just maybe the issue is on the other end. We are not spending valuable time looking for something that does not exist on our end.

Good luck with it.

Sorry, it happened again from 2 different platforms yesterday: Apple and Win 7.... :(

I am sure it's a connection issue with the databases or the site itself....sometimes it just hangs for a bit and a refresh will help. Sorry to have to report it.... :(

Today, everything is working good....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:19:03 PM by Beagle »
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline Nobody

• Rookie
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 10:47:27 PM »

?????

Good luck with it.

Yes, Larry. Good luck with the intermittent problem that you are having with your website.

You're welcome, by the way.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 09:43:03 AM »
Gee Nothing....sorry I touched a nerve.

Wish the hanging issue would duplicate for us so we had something to look for but again everything seems to be fine on this end.

Thank you for reporting this to us.

maxman44

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »
I have trouble with the 'hanging' issue as well

I use IE 10

It does get frustrating

I have no idea what causes it

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 10:00:20 AM »
Never use IE...try Firefox or Google Chrome.

grabthar

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 10:56:14 AM »
I have not noticed the hanging on any of the 5 devices I use to connect (Work PC - Windows 7 and Firefox, Home PC - Windows 7 and Firefox, Home Laptop - Windows 7 and Firefox, iPad - Chrome, iPhone - Chrome).

Offline griz145389

• All Pro
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 05:26:21 AM »
I have the same issue when I have to use ie on a computer.  On my home computers where I run chrome, no problems, also no problems using a tablet.