General Category > Admin Support

hanging...

(1/4) > >>

Beagle:
I have to say, I do not visit as often as I would like because of the issues with the "hanging" and slowness of the site in general. I suspect the back end databases are causing this. I go to a lot of sports sites and this is the only one I have issues with. Sometimes, I write nice long posts only to have it time out on me when I go to reply.... Actually, this post was a case in point. Too lazy to retype it all again...

I know, I should type it notepad first, then copy/paste it in but I forget after not having all the issues at other sites that I do here...

Anyway, any way to fix this? Is this an issue you are aware of? Or am I the only one having issues?

Thanks,
Beagle

BrianShetty:
I have not noticed anything on the two different cpu's that I use

LMG:

--- Quote from: Beagle on May 24, 2013, 06:02:53 PM ---I have to say, I do not visit as often as I would like because of the issues with the "hanging" and slowness of the site in general. I suspect the back end databases are causing this. I go to a lot of sports sites and this is the only one I have issues with. Sometimes, I write nice long posts only to have it time out on me when I go to reply.... Actually, this post was a case in point. Too lazy to retype it all again...

I know, I should type it notepad first, then copy/paste it in but I forget after not having all the issues at other sites that I do here...

Anyway, any way to fix this? Is this an issue you are aware of? Or am I the only one having issues?

Thanks,
Beagle

--- End quote ---

We are/have not  been experiencing any server/database/software issues...at least that we are aware of.

Nobody:
I very rarely post here, but browse many times a day, and just as a friendly FYI from one admin to another, there is no other site that I visit that even comes close to hanging as often and as badly as this one. Happens at all times of the day or night. I don't think it's your software, because it looks like you're running nice, clean code. 

I run Win8 and IE 9 or 10, and it often hangs so badly I typically click a link and then browse 2 or 3 other webpages while it loads. Then I come back here, read what I clicked on, click another one, then go browse 2 or 3 other pages while that one loads, etc. You getting a lot of bots, maybe?

In fact, it just happened a moment ago the first time I tried to post this. Lost the post, but fortunately had copied it to my clipboard before posting.

And again, a second time. Lost my post again, and pasted it from my clipboard....

OK, worked that time....

LMG:
Sorry Beagle and Nobody....can't duplicate on our end the 'hanging' issue you are having.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version